TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-18-2005, 04:51 AM   #1
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

Smile Lake City, Tn. (tm Factory)

When we got up Saturday morning (3/12) to leave, we found 8” of snow on everything. The TM was up as I left an electric heater on low so that things would not freeze in it. After cleaning off the snow, we left with out even snow blowing anything. Spent the first night in Kentucky. The campground did not have the water on, so we had to open the TM and fill the tank before setting up at the campsite.

We arrived at Lake City Tennessee in the early after noon on Sunday. Got a site at Noris Dam State Park. Tennessee parks are wonderful! Electric and water for only $14.50! After setting up, and having coffee, we went back to town, looked around and found the TrailManor factory.

Monday morning we were at the TM factory just after 8:00 for some warranty work. (See no service under dealers) we got the TM dropped off and they told us it would be ready early afternoon. We wanted to see the factory but it was not yet 9:00. (Tours are between 9:00 and 11:00) we went and found a Geocache and got back to the factory just after 10:00.

The tour was really impressive. However, I feel like doing it again as now I have questions. I couldn’t think of them while trying to take everything in. After the tour, I asked how our TM was coming, and was told that it would be ready just before 12:00! We grabbed our sandwiches out of the cooler and ate them in a corner of the parking lot. Just as we were finishing, Eddie came out with our TM.

I am so impressed, they replace the damaged seals, and found the cause, that is what we brought it in for. Then they adjusted the lift, the front was off 20 pounds, and the rear was 15. They also found that the bed was not level and fixed that .we didn’t even know about those problems. All that in about 4 hours!

We spent that afternoon at Cove Lake State Park, more Geocaching. On Tuesday we went to Oak Ridge to see the American Museum of Science and Energy. In the afternoon we visited the Museum of Appalachia. Both well worth while.

In all it was a neat trip, nice to see 60 degree weather and have smores around a campfire again. The TM preformed perfectly stayed nice and warm even though it got below freezing at night. I discover that using the heat strip in the AC will keep most of the condensation off the windows. It is noisy, and moves a lot of air, but it is a steady “white noise”, better then hearing the furnace go off and on all night.

Now we are back in snow country, we had to snow blow the driveway before we could get the TM back in its garage. Yuk!
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:12 AM   #2
Debian Dog

Had to look up "Geocaching" but seemed like a worthwhile trip. Guess that makes me a "Muggle".

Quote:
Geocaching is an outdoor activity that most often involves the use of a Global Positioning System ("GPS") receiver or traditional navigational techniques to find a "geocache" (or "cache") placed anywhere in the world. A typical cache is a small, waterproof container containing a logbook and "treasure", usually trinkets of little value. Participants are called geocachers; those not familiar with geocaching are called geo-muggles or just muggles, a term borrowed from the Harry Potter series.
Old 02-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Chuck and Rose -

Our experience at the factory was the same. Ed Lytle took us in like an old friend, promised us a delivery time, and our rig was ready two hours early. What a great place! They really take owner satisfaction seriously at TM.

Like you, we checked out Norris Dam while we were in the area, and were VERY pleased with it. Our schedule was too tight to permit staying longer, but we look forward to getting back.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote