TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-31-2022, 08:31 PM   #1
coralcruze

Default Bargman trailer ground on the trailmanor

Does anyone know if there is a ground from the 7pin trailer anywhere on the Trailmanor? I own a 2005 trailmanor 2720 and apparently I may have an insufficient ground on the trailer someplace. The problem. Os I can't find the ground location anywhere on the frame of my TM.

Anyone know where it is?
coralcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:07 PM   #2
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

This might help.

https://www.trailmanorowners.com/for...ad.php?t=20026
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 06:42 AM   #3
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
Thanks for the link... I crawled under there this morning and combed the frame throughly and can't find anything. The ONLY ground I found was from the TM battery to the frame and that seems ok to me but this ground don't think would have anything to do with the bargman because bargman wire connects directly to TM wires.
Old 09-01-2022, 10:55 AM   #4
Shane826
TrailManor Master

I would pull the refrigerator vents, the connections from Bargman to TrailManor are there. Ground is white on both sides. Trace the TrailManor side of that connection, see where it’s tied in. SPOILER ALERT: According to the schematic I have, that wire goes to the negative side of the converter. I would pull the converter and check your connection and then test that wire for open/high resistance, short to ground, etc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E0F02310-2760-4E8F-9B53-825836A0B4C3.jpeg
Views:	36
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	21382  
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 12:19 PM   #5
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
I would pull the refrigerator vents, the connections from Bargman to TrailManor are there. Ground is white on both sides. Trace the TrailManor side of that connection, see where it’s tied in. SPOILER ALERT: According to the schematic I have, that wire goes to the negative side of the converter. I would pull the converter and check your connection and then test that wire for open/high resistance, short to ground, etc.
Thanks so much for this info Shane. Work in progress. Unsure if this is a ground issue afterall? Still trying to hunt down the issue as it may be the newly acquired led rear lights that may be miswired??? Or the bargman 7pin extension. When I disconnect the green wire coming from the extension behind the ref. Running lights don't work but headlight on TV no longer have any effect on the blinking reverse lights. They work weather the front headlights are on or off. But again running lights don't work. Something isn't right. If I am mixing threads I apologize as I was trying to separate issues I am seeing and not trying to confuse anyone. Especially myself lol. When you have a moment and can look at my other thread I started and have any ideas for me would appreciate any input. Trailer wiring isn't my strongest area of exp. Again thank you sir.
Old 09-04-2022, 08:05 AM   #6
jagizzi
Site Sponsor

Sorry for the delayed response, I have been out on the road, without my TM unfortunately. My system ground attachment to the frame is back behind the wheel on the driver side. It comes from the Converter ground bus. If I am remembering correctly, an iffy thing :-), it exits through the P-trap floor void, under the black plastic box for the p-trap.
jagizzi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 08:41 AM   #7
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagizzi View Post
Sorry for the delayed response, I have been out on the road, without my TM unfortunately. My system ground attachment to the frame is back behind the wheel on the driver side. It comes from the Converter ground bus. If I am remembering correctly, an iffy thing :-), it exits through the P-trap floor void, under the black plastic box for the p-trap.
Thank you for providing this info. The issue this time turned out to be mis-wired rear LED lights. However I will be checking this ground connection for any issues and contact to bare metal just to be sure.

In my 2720 the drivers side has the plumbing behind the wheel on the outside of the frame and the grey water tank on the inside of the tank. There is a couple of inches gap between the grey water tank and the frame. I wonder if they ran it there? It would be extreamly difficult to back a screw here. Hmnnn
Old 09-04-2022, 01:58 PM   #8
FlyboyTR

For a matter of reference on my 2010 3023: all my main ground leads terminate to the frame rail located next to the tub drain/p-trap. The cover has to be removed for access. It is the square box with the screen in the bottom. When I was doing the weak tub floor repairs and other mouse-hunting projects... I checked those and two were loose. Cleaned everything up and treated the connection with battery terminal protectant.
Old 09-04-2022, 04:36 PM   #9
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

In case someone needed a picture of what Flyboy was referring to. To the right of the drains.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1087.JPG
Views:	65
Size:	663.6 KB
ID:	21386  
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 08:56 PM   #10
coralcruze

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyboyTR View Post
For a matter of reference on my 2010 3023: all my main ground leads terminate to the frame rail located next to the tub drain/p-trap. The cover has to be removed for access. It is the square box with the screen in the bottom. When I was doing the weak tub floor repairs and other mouse-hunting projects... I checked those and two were loose. Cleaned everything up and treated the connection with battery terminal protectant.
Thank you for this info. I think I would be looking for the ground for a really long time without any luck. Very helpful.