TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2022, 08:32 PM   #41
mickmanor

Default Great mod, and excellent presentation!

I am not a plumber, so I am asking for a description for the white pvc 1-1/2" fitting
that goes on the tank for the air vent connection. I have searched, but nothing found.

Again, great job, kind of like putting the icing on the Trailmanor cake!

I am accumulating parts, and so far, I have the tank and vent. Thank goodness for that.
mickmanor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 07:29 PM   #42
mickmanor

Default Another poor man's....

I figured out what fittings were needed for the exhaust line, and completed the toilet,
per DudeAbides plans. I actually had issues getting all the parts, but that's another
story of the times.

The pic of the tank shows that I did not use the pvc side panels, even though I had
them mostly ready. I decided to paint the tank and hope for the best. I did trim the lip
of the back of the tank to shorten it for more room in the front area.

Note that the
tank sits on a 1/2" of plywood as a shim. That is from a prior mod that I posted on the
forum in plumbing. The tank just clears the TM wheelwell support wood piece, with
its inward tapered sides. I sprayed foam sealant up into the newly expanded hole,
and that also sealed the tank in place.

I used the same black pipe for the drain line, after installing a new valve that is now
positioned higher.

Thanks again to DudeAbides and others who contributed!

Thanks again to DudeAbides and others who contributed.

The new water line needed foam insulation, and the sharkbite fittings were tedious to
install. They do work good.

All in all, this is a major improvement, and has much versatility. I will carry a 10 gallon
portable waste tank and this will cover current camping waste handling.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pma .jpg
Views:	69
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	21432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pmb .jpg
Views:	58
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	21433  
Old 10-04-2022, 10:22 AM   #43
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Default adding level sensors to the black tank?

Looks good! I am about to start mine shortly, if the weather holds. Had a couple of other home repair jobs that were much higher on the "get it done before winter" list.
What paint did you use for the tank? Rustoleum or something like it? I'm going to build a white mdf frame around the rim for aesthetics and additional support, but I want to paint the top.

I'm also considering adding in a couple of level sensors before I install it. Thought about swapping out the fresh tank sensor wiring, since I really don't need those - the tank is right under the kitchen sink and it is really easy to keep track of my fresh water level. But with only a 6 gallon black tank, it might be far more useful to swap the wiring to a couple of sensors on that tank instead. I think I would be much more likely to overflow the black tank than run out of water. Plus it would be a far greater disaster (for me!). Anyone try it, and if you did, how did it work out?
Old 10-06-2022, 04:46 PM   #44
mickmanor

Default I used a Valspar pant + primer,

and so good, so far. Custom color, and id not known.

To check the black tank level, the flush water can easily be shut off,
and flush pedal pressed, and shine a flashlight into the bottom of the
toilet to see the level in the black tank.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:35 PM   #45
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Default Tank rinser?

Has anyone considered adding a tank rinser like this one from Camco? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

Since I can’t get in when it’s closed to give the toilet an extra flush or two, or spritz it with the shower when I dump at the station (a lot of spots I use only have a dump station) I thought it might be a good idea to add a rotary tank rinser so I can actually get that tank cleared out. Even if I’m in a full service site, it would be nice to be able to properly rinse that black tank clean after dumping without having to go back inside.

That Camco unit exits through the floor so no extra holes through the wall.
Thoughts?
Old 01-08-2023, 09:30 PM   #46
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Yep
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:17 PM   #47
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane826 View Post
Yep
Old 06-12-2023, 04:29 PM   #48
Clueckenotte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmhellings View Post
I don't have a link. I heard about it and just went under and ran the line. Go from the original 3" drop towards the back of the camper put in an elbow, run across the width of the TM, another elbow to turn the pipe towards the front run pipe until yo get near the wheel add another elbow and run the pipe back to a point just in front of the original toilet drop. Glue on a new valve.

I tee'd into the gray water on the first leg with an 1-1/2" valve between the tank and the tee. Make sure to use strong hangers and ensure that there is a slight drop in height on each pipe run. Total drop for the whole run should be about 1".

No photos as I really wouldn't know how to take a photo of it unless the TM were on a lift. If you go under the camper, you can see that there is really only one path for the pipe to run.

Paul
Is there enough room to add another tank somewhere while doing this mod?
Clueckenotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 09:43 AM   #49
Choper101

Default Poormans Sealand

The question I have for you is did you find the 8 1/2 gallon holding tank to be big enough? Now that you have used it for a while what if anything would you do different ?

Thanks
Choper101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 03:11 PM   #50
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Mac View Post
Has anyone considered adding a tank rinser like this one from Camco? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00...K6Y9EEQB&psc=1

Since I can’t get in when it’s closed to give the toilet an extra flush or two, or spritz it with the shower when I dump at the station (a lot of spots I use only have a dump station) I thought it might be a good idea to add a rotary tank rinser so I can actually get that tank cleared out. Even if I’m in a full service site, it would be nice to be able to properly rinse that black tank clean after dumping without having to go back inside.

That Camco unit exits through the floor so no extra holes through the wall.
Thoughts?
I put the Camco "Tornado" tank cleaner to my tank. It works great. Left rear of this picture. I ran the hose through the tub wall, into the outside shower enclosure, then through the floor. I inserted a 5" long piece of 3/4" PVC pipe (hose clamped on both ends) in the hole through the floor to prevent chafing on the plastic water line.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4439.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	366.4 KB
ID:	22378   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4444.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	850.0 KB
ID:	22379   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4446.jpg
Views:	48