TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2016, 05:25 PM   #1
Thops7

Default 2006 2619

Just bought a 2619 and am trying to find parts...looking for the panel seals. Where can I buy them? Is the company out of business? The website is dead..I appreciate the help? Last question, do I so any maintained on the hinge springs? Thanks for the help!
Thops7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #2
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Welcome to the forum. Can you clarify a bit more on these seals and hinge springs? I'm not sure of what your referring to. I've attached a copy of the most updated parts catalog for the TM so you'll have better reference material in referring to the different parts on the TM.
If I might suggest pay the $12 cause if yer fixing up your TM, this forum and it's member's can provide you with a wealth of info that is worth the money.
TrailManor is not out of business, they are going thru some issues, but who hasn't in the past. Yes the most recent issue is with their website, but folks are still working and producing TM's.
Again welcome to the forum.
If you can post pictures of the items in question that will help.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf trailmanorpartscatalog updated.pdf (1.68 MB, 275 views)
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:34 PM   #3
Thops7

Default Thanks for info

The catalog I appreciate the catalog I'm just wondering where do you buy the parts from I cannot find them on Amazon or any other search on the Internet. And with website down, where do you buy parts?
Old 07-27-2016, 08:05 PM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Call the factory for TrailManor-specific parts. From an archived TrailManor site, the phone is 402.316.7288

If you become a $12 member, you can search this entire site. Some folks have posted where they found the same material that the seals are made of. They got the material, then put foam in the center, and that is a "bag seal".

By "hinge springs", I am assuming you are referring to the torsion bars that raise the shells. I oil mine where they rub the guides under the frame, but that is it. At the same time you do that, it is a good idea to crawl under, and oil the adjusting screws on each bar. Don't necessarily need to adjust often, but when you do, you want them to be rust-free.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:11 PM   #5
Thops7

Default Thanks

I joined...I appreciate the help..
Old 07-29-2016, 08:08 AM   #6
Thops7

Default Called Trailmanor

Any idea on how to adjust torsion springs? I was hoping for a video..any video's out there? Also, called trailmanor twice, no return call after two days. Are we sure they still exist? Also, how do you find a mechanic near me that knows how to work on these? Thanks for the help!
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   #7
BrucePerens
TrailManor Master

Only adjust the torsion bars with the shells up. When the shells are down there is too much force on the bolt, and the threads can be damaged if you turn it. The wrench is the same one used for hitch balls, and is easily available in RV stores. I got mine from the trailer section in the tool department of Home Depot.

Get some penetrating lube on the top side of the welded-in nuts before you start adjustment. If you can, a few days before.

Level the trailer before adjustment. Turn the bolt clockwise to increase torsion and the lifting force on the shell. Back the bolts off (first turn opposite to the direction you want to turn, and then in the direction you want to turn) each time you turn them. This will clear the threads of rust and grime and make the bolt turn easier, and will prevent damage to the threads. If the bolt is difficult to turn, go back and forward several times and it will clear up.

You can make it so that the shells take no force to lift, but this tends to put stress on the center latches while driving because the shells bounce, and the front-shell center latches tend to loosen up and cause friction damage to the shell (black streaks, lost paint where the two shells contact). I modified my center latches to deal with this, but it's better to have some reasonable weight holding down both shells.
Old 07-29-2016, 09:39 AM   #8
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

If you search the in the Exterior section of this forum and using the words "Torsion Adjust" you should see a ton of threads on adjusting the bars. Now having said that, if I remember correctly one of those threads said that you should only make adjustments in 1/4 turn amounts. So make a mark on the head of the bolt so you know the starting point orientation for your turns. Say starting at 12:00 turn to 3:00 and so on.
You still show as a trial member; but not to worry it make take some time to get you changed to a site supporter. If you're still within the 30 day time frame you should be able to see most everything within this site.
2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 06:02 PM   #9
Travler

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thops7 View Post
The catalog I appreciate the catalog I'm just wondering where do you buy the parts from I cannot find them on Amazon or any other search on the Internet. And with website down, where do you buy parts?
You can call TM @ 402-316-7309
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seals?