TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: Would you let a serious buyer test drive your trailer?
NO WAY!!! 13 34.21%
Probably not 15 39.47%
Maybe (unless they seemed shady) 3 7.89%
Probably (unless they seemed shady) 3 7.89%
ABSOLUTELY!!! (unless they seemed shady) 2 5.26%
With a deposit and copy of their drivers license (unless they seemed shady) 2 5.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #21
Laura FM

When we got our first PUP, I told my husband I would never drive with it. But I decided to give it a try. It really is a piece of cake, as long as it is properly hooked up. I don't back it up though. I can barely park a car, if I have to back it in, so a trailer is completely out of the question. I think you should trust that it is pretty easy and can be done.

But if you want to give it a try, go to UHaul.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:09 PM   #22
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Well, the test drive seemed to go well, not sure how bay village felt! It rained throughout their drive!
The tow vehicle was more than capable , I tried to be helpful and hope they find a nice unit. Both husband and wife drove on various roads and traffic conditions.
No issues I could see, think they did well, a little practice and they will be fine! Remember we all pulled for the first time at some point. My first attempt was 40 years ago!

Good luck to you both, I hope you follow your dream

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:44 PM   #23
bayvillage

Default Thanks TrailManor Man!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! TrailManorMan Thank you for your time, trust, patience, and tips!

We are now confident we can pull a TrailManor comfortably and have our fingers crossed that we'll find one soon to buy.

Like others had suggested, the 2720 was "easy" to tow. We have a V-8 Chevy Tahoe, and noticed just a little bit of difference in starting and stopping, something I'm sure we'll get used to. Switching from my old Toyota Highlander to a Tahoe was a harder transition than going from the Tahoe w/o TrailManor to Tahoe with TrailManor. It was easier to get used to than a new set of brakes or a rental car.

The first turn was the scariest, the second was okay, and by the third one it almost felt natural. Backing up will come later. TrailManorMan had so many useful insights he shared, including getting pull-through campsites the first few times we go out so we don't have to worry about backing up

Since the Tahoe is a tad wider than the TM we were able to use our regular side-view mirrors to see the lanes on both sides of us. TMM mentioned a camera on the back of the TM would allow us to see traffic directly behind as well. He showed us side-view mirror extensions which we won't need, but driving in a narrower car without them would feel a lot riskier.

Towing the TrailManor was so much easier than driving an RV. Thanks for taking a chance and letting us tow your Trailmanor. And thanks to TrailManorMan's tips we are much better educated about what to look for (and avoid) when purchasing a TrailManor.

Very happy
Old 08-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #24
wilson

That's a good deed you did TMM!

Harvey & Elaine Wilson
'05 2720SL
'01 Tahoe LT
wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:06 AM   #25
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

Very nice Skip. My hat is off to you.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 07:12 AM   #26
bayvillage

Default We bought one !

Update...

We purchased a 2005 2720SL last week and are very happy with it. Thanks again TrailManorMan! Because we knew we could tow it, we were comfortable purchasing an out-of-state TM
Old 09-24-2014, 07:17 AM   #27
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Congrats! Glad you were able to find one you were comfortable with. Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours.

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
difficulty of towing, test drive