TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #11
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Here.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:42 AM   #12
Realist1948

Question Rainy weather - leaks?

You're asking us to tell you where to go? I won't touch that question!

I'm considering purchase of a TrailManor from the 2417 series. My biggest concern is: what happens when it's raining and the wind is blowing? Does water leak into the trailer? I like the low profile when on the road and the light weight, but I'd want a place to sleep and eat that stays dry in a storm. What are owner experiences with camping in the rain? Thanks!

One other question: Does anyone have any tips on leveling the trailer before unfolding? If I owned a TrailManor I think I'd want a bubble-level (like carperneters, masons and surveyors use) that I could temporarily attach to the trailer frame (maybe with magnets). The idea is to get the frame nice and level before opening up the trailer. It would seem that a good job of leveling would reduce strain on the hinges, and help keep everything in proper alignment.
Old 06-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #13
MarkoPolo
TrailManor Master

I've been in some really heavy rain and snow storms and never a leak anywhere. It is helpful to level the trailer first. On boards, blocks, Bal leveler, Andersen Camper leveler or your preferred method before opening and dropping the stabilizer jacks. Easier to open and the door fits better as well. I think you will really like Trailmanor.
MarkoPolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #14
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Hmmm. Not sure why you fear leaks. But, if you are thinking the seams may leak, they have overlaps, and both shells have seals on them. As Marcopolo, I have been in some horrendous rains (and hail), and had no water come in. It is as dry as a fixed-wall unit.

I purchased four bubble-levels for my first TM, which were about 3" wide. I leveled at home (collapsed for towing), and put one in the middle of the front of the front shell; one on the curb side, by the running light near the front of the front shell; one in the center of the back of the rear shell; and one on the rear shell, near the rear running light on the street side. Very easy to get level before opening.

But, with my new TM, I didn't find the 3" bubbles, so I got the 1" bubbles. I will continue to look for the 3" bubbles, as the 1" bubbles are not stable enough for me.

Leveling the TM is the same as leveling any other trailer. I did the same process on my popup, and have read where others have done the same with their hard-sided. I use Lynx levelers for support, as I got tired of wood getting wet, then having to store it.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #15
MT Camper

Default No leaks for me

My camper is set up and has been for about 6 weeks. We have had several severe thunder storms and driving rain and no leaks in the TM. Just like any trailer there is maintenance, so for me a TM is no different.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:20 PM   #16
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

I have had 2 TT, 2 popup and now a trailermanor.

I would look at the 2619 or 2720. There is a little more room and storage area.

We got the trailer manor because we can keep it in the garage and we can tow it with a minivan. Having it at the house vs a storage area we get out camping a lot more, and towing it with a minivan the rest of the year the van get great MPG, unlike the large van I used to tow the TT's with.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 06:40 AM   #17
Laura FM

Actually, my trailmanor did leak at one of the windows, but that was fixed under warranty. Now it is dry as can be. We took a 3 week trip to utah and had very high winds at places and it felt rock solid - we were grateful not to be in a tent camper.

Our dealer told us that the stabilizers are also levelers (as opposed to the tent trailer) and that is what we use. My husband uses an electric drill, which makes it quick and easy. I think he does it afterwards. Our door opens and closes just fine.

We have a 2417 Sport - the original floorplan and we love it. Now we are empty nesters, we find it perfect for the two of us.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #18
Realist1948

Default Thanks for info on leaks

Thanks to all who responded to my question about leaks. I just want to be sure there are no chronic problems with rain leaking inside. Any time there are moving sections that meet, like the sections of these trailers, there is some possibility of leakage. I'm hopeful the design is such that leaks are not a problem, but I didn't want to make assumptions. Good to read actual owner statements on this subject. Thanks again and happy trails!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #19
foxhaven0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist1948 View Post
Thanks to all who responded to my question about leaks. I just want to be sure there are no chronic problems with rain leaking inside. Any time there are moving sections that meet, like the sections of these trailers, there is some possibility of leakage. I'm hopeful the design is such that leaks are not a problem, but I didn't want to make assumptions. Good to read actual owner statements on this subject. Thanks again and happy trails!
I believe that ANY trailer will leak if it is not maintained. Not only a Trailmanor. I don't believe that just because a TM has moving sections to set up, make it more liable to leak. The stresses of going down the road apply to ALL RVs.

And I have set-up and torn down during rain storms and have not gotten excessively wet inside.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:31 PM   #20
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

I've had a leak or two but never where the roofs meet. That area is actually one of the better sealed aspects to the TM design. The area that has been trouble is one of the roof vents. I let the gasket on the exterior get dry and cracked and it let rain in on a heavy downpour with a wind component. Anytime you cut a hole in a roof of any RV, it will require maintinence.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote