TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 01-25-2014, 05:56 PM   #1
Septemberdude

Default Ideas for Wardrobe for 2417?

Looking to buy a TM for 2 but wondering if anyone has come up with an idea for a "wardrobe/closet" for the 2417. We most likely will opt for the bathroom if we decide on 2417, but note that means no wardrobe. Sure would like a place to put bedding and hang up 2 or 3 items. Has anyone come up with a suitable option? Thanks.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #2
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

I have built a rack out of PVC. 3' tall, 14" wide, with legs on the bottom that stick out 1" on each side. This makes a stable place to hang shirts and coats. (Okay, I still have to build it, but I used our "ladder game" where you throw balls connected with string, to get them to hang onto the rungs. It worked great, so I have to get the PVC.)

Use "T" connectors at the base, and caps on the ends of the feet. Simple, inexpensive, and it can be collapsed for travel.

Depending on your bedding, and your bed, you could put the bedding under the foot of the bed. We have a Coleman two-piece air mattress for our king bed, so when we deflate for travel, there is plenty of room for bedding. We leave our bed made-up, just deflate the air mattresses. Also have a 2" egg-crate foam mattress pad. If you need more bedding stored, how about under the benches? Depending on your floorplan (KB, KS, KD), storage space varies.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:34 PM   #3
Septemberdude

Default Coleman air mattress

Did you buy the twin/king coleman air mattress to fit on the TM king bed in the 2417? The measurements seem to suggest it won't fit on the TM king which measures 78 x 78?
thanks.
Old 01-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #4
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Yes, I did. It will fit; there will just be little gap to the side of the bed. I plan to follow some advice posted by others, and put a length of foam next to the DW's side, so she has a "nightstand", so to speak. If she doesn't like it, I will put it on my side.

Our large sleeping bag fits on the air mattresses perfectly, so I don't have any problem with the bed tray being slightly larger than the air mattresses. More room for storing clothing, or whatever. Foam may just keep the mattresses in-place, which will still allow for some additional storage.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #5
Septemberdude

Default How much storage in 2417?

I am looking at pictures of the interior of 2417S. I see under the sink 2 doors (cabinet?) and then 3 drawers to the right. Does someone with a 2417 know the dimensions on the drawers? The under-sink cabinet? Thanks.