TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
benandali

Default Repairs and maintenance without a Trailmanor dealer nearby

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

We are considering purchasing a Trailmanor in the next few months. Like many of the posts I have read we would like something more than a pop-up and less than a conventional travel trailer. Trailmanor seems to fit the bill pretty well so we are in kind of a "whats the catch?" phase of our decision.

Currently we live near The Car Show in Colorado Springs and we have been down a few times to look around. They have about 15 or so on the lot so convenience and selection wise we are in a pretty good spot for a Trailmanor purchase.

However, we will be moving in the next year or so to a location that does not have a Trailmanor dealer locally--about a 5 hour drive to the nearest one according to the dealer locator.

So my question is: should we be worried about not having local access to a dealer for repairs, etc. Is it an issue at all?

Seems like most of the items in a Trailmanor are fairly standard rv equipment that could be fixed if need be at any reputable rv repair center. But, we want to hear from the experts and possibly put our minds at ease about that portion of the purchase decision.

Most likely we will be buying used in the 2008-2011 range when the time comes.

Thank you in advance,

BWH
Old 11-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #2
rumbleweed

Except for the shells and the lift mechanism, most everything else in the TM is standard RV equipment that can be serviced and/or replaced by any RV dealer. Adjustment of the lift mechanism is not difficult if needed and you are reasonably handy. TM is expanding dealerships so you might find a closer dealer. I would not let this issue prevent me from enjoying the TM.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

I agree with Bob, the only time you would have to use a dealer is when you would need work done on the shells or torsion bar lifting system. If you're just a little handy with tools, you will be able to handle 90% of the maintenance and repairs that would come up. The membership on this forum will be able to walk you through everything from a minor issue to a major repair. If you become a site sponsor it will be the best $12 dollars you will ever spend. This forum has saved me alot of money the past year.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
MT Camper

I bought my TM from The Car Show. No Dealers any where near me in Montana. I drove over 800 miles one way to by our used 2010 2619 and they offered the extended warranty and under the warranty I could take the TM to any RV repair shop under the warranty if I bought it. I chose not to pay for the warranty, and the only xtra issue I see, other than the usual RV problems that can happen, is the actual lift arms. And I have read lots of posts about making adjustments if needed. So I would not hesitate, and I didn't, in buying a TM.
MT Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #5
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

We do all our repairs, don't seem to be able to work with the TM dealer that is only an hour away.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #6
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Our dealer has been gone for many years and I've been able to maintain the trailer by sourcing parts from local RV shops and the occasional order from Trailmanor. I wouldn't let that issue stop you from acquiring one of these great campers.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #7
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Any repairs, of which have been minimal, I've been able to do myself. The lack of a TM dealer in my area, as wbmiller knows, is not an issue. I have access to a large conventional RV dealer with parts dept and I can order the majority of what I need. The TM electrical, gas and water components are all RV standard. As others have replied, the lifting mechanism is TM specific but can be serviced by a competent DIY'er. I have found with the 2 units I've owned in the last 15 years, they are rather problem free if you can offer a regular maintence schedule for things that move, lift, drain.

I would suggest that prior to your purchase, you locate a conventional dealer near you with service dept and ask if they are familiar with a TM? Create a relationship first and know there is backup to help you if you cannot help yourself.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #8
benandali

Thank you to everyone who responded.

It seems pretty clear that this should be a non-factor in our decision. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to put our minds at ease.

Sometime between now and the spring we hope to have a Trailmanor of our own.

Thanks,
BWH