TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

Default Two Dog Limit in NY State Parks

As part of the over-reach of my state government, most of the New York State Parks now have implemented a two dog rule.

See http://www.change.org/en-GB/petition...-campsite-rule

If you own three dogs, you a not welcome to camp in the State parks. The claim is that campers with three dogs are a disturbance and make a do-do mess.

In all the years I have been camping, I have never had to call the authorities on dogs playing their music too loud, or yuk-yuking it up until 4AM.

Governor Andrew Cuomo signed this bill through. He's the same guy who is trying to legalize small amounts of the whacky-weed because right now, they claim, it unfairly causes profiling (somehow) and it clogs the legal system.

Anyway, I don't want to introduce politics here other than the above connection about campers no longer welcome in NY State parks if you own three fur kids. Which by the way, most towns in New York allow up to three dogs to be registered to a household.

Nice lawmakers huh?
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #2
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

If you think that's rough, don't move to SoCal. My local town requires a city administrative hearing to approve you having more than 2 domestic animals as pets. Didn't know that until last week -- during our evening walk, there were signs posted all over a few blocks over announcing the hearing for this one particular house (the address was noted) and soliciting comments for the hearing.

Presumably, someone complained, but the house in question is quite normal looking, no trash, no cages, etc. White picket fence, 2 cars, 2 story, high price tag, etc.

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 08:26 PM   #3
Brittany Dogs
TrailManor Master

That's OK, my gun safe is not welcome in your state either. Come to think of it, my truck would probably need some emission modifications too in order to pass inspection.

Truth be told, in 1979, I loved CA when I was at a San Diego Navy School and on occasion now, I have to travel there for business.

But some of these laws and the law-makers of some of these states really have a hard time going at the root of the problem with some of these laws.
2011, Model 2720SD, 13.5k btu Dometic Low Profile Penguin II with a user installed Easy-Start modification, "Jack" TV Antenna, 15" Goodyear Marathon 225/75R15D Tires on Alloy Wheels, Swing Hitch, Electric Tongue Jack, Front Window (now an option). Powered with a Honda 2000i or 3000 handi (depending on the weather) generator when dry camping. Powered with two 6V Trojan T145 batteries when I need to run silent and deep. TV = 2016 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab w/ WDH.

Home Port: Western New York.
Brittany Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote