TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-18-2003, 07:07 AM   #1
gospelcamper

Default Trail Manor Factory visit

Greeting everyone.

My wife and I had the great pleasure of touring the factory last week.
We met Greg, quality control and many other jobs;
Danny--Customer service
and Michael --one of the owners' son.
All were VERY Very friendly, pleasant and helpful.
They all went out of their way to make sure our visit was great and all our questions answered.
I was assured that at least one of them faithfully reads this site, so they are aware or our comments and suggestions. Many of the suggestions and comment from the board are the basis of changes and improvements.
It is fascinating to see a Trail Manor in evolution from a frame to the finished trailer.

There is some sad news.
I was hoping to meet Jimmy Davis as I had spoken to him more than anyone else. He was not in that morning as he is ill. He is battling lung cancer for the third time. He is not well at all.
Jimmy if you read this, we are praying for you.

IF you ever get the chance and many of you did at the rally, take a tour of the factory and meet the people behind the production of a great trailer.
I was very impressed
I am not connected with the factory and the production of the trailer, even though they almost offered me a job. They are hiring several new people to help with the production. They are producing about 12-15 trailers a week and have orders for about 20-25. I thought an 9 hour one way commute to work was excessive. No thanks on the job offer.

THANKS to all at TRAIL MANOR who make our visit great.
Old 09-18-2003, 05:07 PM   #2
Happytrails

Default Re:Trail Manor Factory visit

Wow, I sure hope JD's ok, he's one heck of a good guy! My warmest prayers go out for him.

Yes, we all kinda had a feeling they were watching this place, what better resource for "evolution" and change than directly from the people who already own their product, which I think is an EXCELLENT thing! How else to better something than simply to see what the people think, and they DO respond to it. Can't fix it if ya don't know what's broke, ya know?

One thing I've learned about the company is they are a good bunch of people all around. I'm hoping to get my plant tour in next year!

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails.........[/glow]
Old 09-18-2003, 05:43 PM   #3
Windbreaker

Plan it for the fall, when the colors are changing, maybe we can meet there. I too was hopeing to tour next year. JD was the dude that has been most helpful to me also, not that all of them aren't, it is just that he could talk off the top of his head about any problem. That's rare and of great value. Sure do hope and pray he does well.
Old 09-18-2003, 08:15 PM   #4
Happytrails

JD certainly can do that, like it says on my web page, he said one thing that told me right away that I wasn't looking at a car hauler, I was looking at the best camper I could ever want for what I paid, and I got a durn good steal to......"there's a lot you can do if ya want to, nothing if ya don't" spoke VOLUMES to me........Mind ya, like it says on my web site, the RV shop though is honest where I took it, and ol Tonie (older lady) was more concerned about taking me for my money, than just being a friend....they just didn't know what to do, and didn't want to stick me with a big bill or something......they're good honest people, (I need to put something on my site about that btw). Basically, that's THE shop I go to when I need stuff here in town though there are a few of em. But after all's said and done, I think her wisdom was the best, and made all the repairs myself, and only cost me was a little elbow grease. She mainly rents out RV's, and does curtains, stuff like that, and can get ya anything ya want for an RV, or TT.........at a good price......(she makes her money renting em out, remember?) Anyway, just wanted to say a little about Tonie's RV in Salem, Va. And do need to correct that on my web site.

[glow=red,2,300]Happytrails........[/glow]