TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Electrical
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 12-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #1
T and C
TrailManor Master

Default Big Heat electric heater

FYI,

About 10 years ago I had an 8' overhead camper. Space was at a premium. One day I was in Camping World and I passed a section that was displaying a very small electric heater. It was only the size of a 6" cube!

I bought one and have used it ever since. It puts out more heat than any other small electric heater I have ever seen! We have two other electric heaters and this thing puts out more heat than those two together.

I have not tried it in the TM during sub-freezing weather yet, but last month we used it in 40 degree temps at night and we never had to take out the other heaters or the TM propane heater. We just set the theromstat and forgot it.

Here is a link to where they sell them on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/6201-Portable-...1&sr=8-1-fkmr1

Tom

TV 2010 F-150 4.6, factory tow pkg, air bags
T and C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Scottie Dogs

Here is the heater we use in the TM, it is wonderful. Some mornings when I get up the temperature in the TM is about 48 degrees and I turn it on and in 1/2 hour I have a 65 degree camper. I never tried below freezing but I bet it would work good. I never left it on all night either but I think it would work good. We are very pleased with it and it sets right on the counter. We got it at Target on sale for $24.99, regular $29.99.

If we were extreme winter campers I think 2 of these would do the job spaced properly in the TM, they are so small and really puts out the heat.

One would work good with the furnace as a dual system in very cold weather.

http://www.holmesproducts.com/Produc...9VRUDsHB5rzQ==
Old 12-24-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
P and B

Default Living in TM- Heaters

I've been living in my TM for the past three months in the middle section of VA. It has gotten into the teens a couple of nights. I have three heat sources. One is a small 5000 btu forced air cube like the first post and the second one is an oil filled radiator. The cube sits up on the counter next to the wardrobe while the oil filled heater is up in the living section next to the couch. Together, they keep the TM warm enough. The third system is obviously the build in propane furnace which I keep on very low and mainly just if the power goes out. I turn it on occasionally in the AM to take the chill off since I turn the other heaters down at night. So far so good. The major problem I have is exacting the right temperature out of them. None of them have build in temperature specific thermostats so you have to guess on what to turn the knobs to. This is very difficult to get right especially when the temperature variation outside is wide.

I wish all of the heating systems had specific temperature type thermostats so I can be confident of what temperature I'm going to get. I hate fiddling with the knobs all the time.

Phil