TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #1
Boonedoggle

Talking New TM Owner

After a year long study of the TM's I pulled the trigger and purchased a model 3023! This is my first venture into camping beyond a tent and I am very excited.

Drove it home in the rain (I live in Seattle) and backed her in with some slow methodical manuvering. She towed like a dream behind my Toyota 4 Runner (electronic breaking and sway bars.)

Went to bed late and woke up early reading all of your great posts. This forum should be fully funded by TM since it is the biggest factor that convinced me to purchase a TM.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed. You gave me so many ideas already and I can't wait to start. I anticipate a Home Depot run today and I will be taking it out next weekend for the maiden voyage.

Glad to be a part of such a wonderful community. Hope to see you out there!

John
Old 05-07-2011, 02:03 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Congratulations and welcome to the group! Enjoy your camper!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 02:21 PM   #3
rumbleweed

Welcome to the family. If it can be or has been done to a TM someone here has done it. I am sure you will be happy.
Old 05-07-2011, 07:09 PM   #4
ng2951

Congratulations. I am sure you are going to enjoy it...
Old 05-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #5
Pitbull

I know your excitement, my first TM is sitting in the driveway waiting for its maiden voyage, in a couple weeks. The down time gives you a chance to personalize the trailer. Today I installed a set of mud flaps. If there is a tire blowout or you run over some road debris there is a chance you could damage the main PVC plumbing. Cost me $20 bucks for a little peace of mind, and it looks good.

I had a 98 Prerunner with TRD blower, great TV. Replaced it with a 05 V8 T4R Limited W/rear auto-leveling airsprings (great torque & ride). Love Toyota's!

I agree, Trailmanor should support this site! They should also use this site to help develop and refine their product.

Koz
Old 05-08-2011, 06:12 AM   #6
Kwantau
Site Sponsor

Congratulations. I know how you feel as we just pulled our 2011/2720 home two weeks ago and have spend three days loading our previous popup camping stuff in the TM. Enjoy and lots of luck.

TV 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 6200 lbs tow capacity, 620 lbs tong weight, V6-3.6 liter gas with factory tow package, Prodigie3 Brake Control, Anderson "No-Sway" Weight Distributing Hitch.

TM 2720, 2011, A/C, Awning, Swingtongue, 40 Gal fresh water, Stove and Sink Cupboards, Radio/CD Player, TV ant., Microwave Oven, Electric Tongue Jack, Black Windows and Frame, and Woodgrain Vinyl Flooring
Kwantau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:00 AM   #7
retiredgoat

Congrats on the new toy, don't forget the square drive adapter for the screws on the TM, I did not find out until tire changing time at a truck stop.

Happy TMing and have a great summer with the new camper.

Bob
Old 05-08-2011, 10:54 AM   #8
Pitbull

It's the #2 square bit. At Lowe's they sell white caped stainless screws (w/#2 square head). They are located and used for the white vinyl fencing. They come in packs of 50. I have been replacing just about every screw on the outside with these. Also the screws that hold the vinyl flaps on the inside. Because they are slightly bigger in diameter you can tighten them nice and tight, much better than the OEM screws. The picture below shows how quickly the OEM screws will rust and shows the poor assembly used at the factory. Apparently they had to re-drill two holes. Needless to say I replaced all these screws with the Lowe’s stainless.

Koz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0417111052-00.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	5851  
Old 05-08-2011, 11:41 AM   #9
Boonedoggle

Default Thanks!

Thank you for the additional tips. Heading back to Home Depot (2nd day in a row) to pick up more stuff to fix her up.

Setting it up today on my own for the first time. My wife (who has yet to see it) is excited to watch. Got to love a woman who trusts me enough to buy a camper sight unseen!

Tags
new owner