TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #1
Joesplace

Default NADA Price Question

When researching a TM's NADA price, does the base price include all standard options or do you add everything to the base price?
Joesplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:33 PM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Joe, The NADA base price is without options, then you add the options.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:35 PM   #3
Joesplace

Thanks Tim . . .
Old 07-02-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
Padgett
TrailManor Master

OTOH many NADA options are standard equipment. Personally when shopping I started with low retail and worked fron there.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:09 PM   #5
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett View Post
OTOH many NADA options are standard equipment. Personally when shopping I started with low retail and worked fron there.
I agree. The options would be standard items in most cases like AC, awning, sink cabinet, wardrobe and unfortunately, used TM buyers won't pay extra for them. The swingaway hitch, IMHO, is one of the only options that is worth paying extra for. Everything else is used components and subject to depreciation. For me it's all about condition, condition and location.

I will relate it to another passion I have for motorcycles. Buy a bike from the dealer with accessories or aftermarket, ride it for a few good years and try to sell it by adding in the cost of accessories and you rarely get it sold. Remove the accessories and sell individually for 1/2 price and then sell the bike for stock retail. Nobody pays for the accessories.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 05:35 PM   #6
Padgett
TrailManor Master

Of course most of my cars were "optioned out" as standard equipment & many have three or four digit production numbers. Even my TV only had two real options, "Uconnect" (hands free phone) and the towing package. Everything else from power windows to AC were standard.

Does seem like some things that were standard on my '06 are now options.
Old 07-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #7
tentcamper
TrailManor Master

the nada base price is what you get on the base model of that trailer. AC, awning, aluminum wheels, etc are upgrades options and you should select those options on the nada selection screen. But furnace, 3 way fridge, etc.. was on all base models and should not be added in on the selection screen

Many of the TM options you can not select such as cabinets over the sink, fold back tongue, etc. Also there are many mods you can not select such as 14 to 15 wheel upgrade, 2 batteries, etc. So for these things you have to do your best to define a used market value. I would use the percentage of value that nada gives you on the final screen for the options that do have listed. But you will need to know what those options cost was new.
tentcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #8
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joesplace View Post
When researching a TM's NADA price, does the base price include all standard options or do you add everything to the base price?
Joe -

You must be sure you know what you mean by "standard options". That's kind of an oxymoron.

TM had lots of standard features, and very few options. Most of the things you find in NADA's Option Checkoff List are actually standard features, and so you must not check the option box for each one, or you will double-count them. For example, the furnace is not an option, the DSI water heater is not an option, the scissor jacks are not an option, the refrig is not an option - they are all standard.

Among the very few true TM options, an even smaller number have any real affect on the NADA bottom line. I think of the air conditioner and the swing hitch as examples of true options that affect the bottom line. Others, like the TV antenna, are true options, but make virtually no difference in the bottom line.

So use the guide carefully.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:58 PM   #9
Joesplace

Bill - I guess I should have used the correct terminology. "Standard features" is what I should have said
Old 07-03-2014, 09:23 PM   #10
moaboy

More importantly it seems nada under values what most sellers get for their TM's. Geographic location, condition of TM and how badly one wants to part with a particular TM can have a significant impact on price.