TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #11
Laura FM

I got the PM and tried responding twice, but it does not look like it went through. So, I will answer here.

The sad thing is that we have owned the trailer for nearly 6 months, and due to an illness/death in the family, we have only managed to take it out for two one night trips. Our original plan was to take it on a couple of short trips and then go to utah for three weeks in April. Next april! In about 10 days, we are finally going out for 8 days. Yay.

We ordered ours without having seen what it looks like without the toilet, but I am pleased. It is a cupboard with two doors. There are two shelves in it - the base shelf and another about half way up. IIRC (and yes, that is what it means) the bottom shelf is divided into two areas, and the top shelf goes all way across. It is a big area - we fit all our pots/pans/dishes and towels/toiletries. I also love having the counterspace.

This is our 3rd folding trailer - the first two were tent trailers. The first one had no toilet, and I was fine with it, but we needed more space with growing kids. The larger one had a toilet, and I liked it well enough, especially in the night, but I also missed the walked back from the CG toilets. I liked the night sky and the quiet. The downside was that it took up a lot of space, was more to set up/tear down, and I was never wild about having a toilet so close to our food.

I wanted our new trailer to be simpler, but also well built. I was happy to give up the toilet . What was not negotiable was that we needed a king sized bed where we did not need to climb over each other. We also needed something that would fit in our old garage. Throw in an excellent dealer and we were happy campers.

I really did not like this model with the toilet. Since the sport is narrower (and I like that narrowness) it really over powered the space. I am not sure I would have gotten it with the toilet. We would still be looking for the right trailer.

MNACamper - I sent you my email address in a pm.