TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #1
roned2

Question Considering a 2027SL

Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking here for a while and have finally decided to take the plunge. We are a couple in our late fifties with no trailer pulling experience. On top of that, I am not mechanically inclined. Is there a lot of must do maintenance with the Trailmanor? We live in Canada so routine jobs like wheel bearings, hitch maintenance etc, will have to be done by our local trailer place. We have no dealerships in our part of the country- Ontario.
I would like to see a Trailmanor at a camp site. We are presently in Northern Florida- St. Augustine. Is anyone going camping during the next 5 weeks in our area? Are we crazy to consider a Trailmanor with no towing experience and a lack of mechanical skills? Thanks for any replies. This has been a very useful site but there seems to be so much that can go wrong from closures to wheel problems.
roned2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
billy1budd

Default 2720SL posting

My wife and I probably fit pretty closely your description. We purchased a Trailmanor 2720SL in June, 2000, and have used it on several trips (Florida once, Colorado twice, several local Wisconsin lake trips (we live in Sheboygan, WI).

My wife and I are in our early 70s, in good health. I have never had a problem with physical issues hitching, opening or closing our unit. The design is very user-friendly.

Due to some health issues, we are going to post our Trailmanor for sale in the next few days, but it has served us well.

Larry Vogel
Sheboygan, WI
Old 03-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
mtnguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roned2 View Post
Hi Everyone,
I've been lurking here for a while and have finally decided to take the plunge. We are a couple in our late fifties with no trailer pulling experience. On top of that, I am not mechanically inclined. Is there a lot of must do maintenance with the Trailmanor? We live in Canada so routine jobs like wheel bearings, hitch maintenance etc, will have to be done by our local trailer place. We have no dealerships in our part of the country- Ontario.
I would like to see a Trailmanor at a camp site. We are presently in Northern Florida- St. Augustine. Is anyone going camping during the next 5 weeks in our area? Are we crazy to consider a Trailmanor with no towing experience and a lack of mechanical skills? Thanks for any replies. This has been a very useful site but there seems to be so much that can go wrong from closures to wheel problems.

Since the Trailmanor has more working parts than a traditional travel trailer, there can be a little more involvement in the adjustments needed to keep it operating correctly, but I think you will find any solutions to problems on this forum. But for the most part, most of the mechanic aspects of the Trailmanor and appliances will be present on any travel trailer that you buy. As far as the no trailer pulling experience, the Trailmanor is probably an excellent start, as you don't have to be as concerned with sway like a conventional travel trailer.

Since you are in Fla. now, and live in Ontario, I would be glad to give you a grand tour of our Trailmanor if you haven't found 1 by the time you head back north. I live about 1 hour off of I-81, which seems to be 1 of the main travel routes for that migration.

Chap
Old 03-08-2008, 09:38 PM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

We are 18 miles from you...I sent you a pm.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 06:57 AM   #5
Shandysplace

Default Been There Done That

We are 69 and 62 respectively. While we do have some experience towing boats w/our Surburban (now several years sold), like you, up until the time we took delivery of our new 3326 this last December, we had never owned any kind of RV and like you, are not all that adept at fixing/maintaining things mechanical/electrical/electronic.

We had our first camping trip on President's Day weekend and the total experience has been wonderful thus far. Because of our lack of experience, our dealer took an entire day to deliver our TM. Did we have questions? Were there some problems? Sure, but the first rate customer service from our dealer together with help from forum members made all the difference. All issues were minor and nearly all of them were the result of our lack of experience.

We see you've already had some offers of help from Forum members near you. In the absence of a dealer, these and other forum members will help you through the following:

New or used
Proper matching of tow vehicle to TM
Who will service your TM
Where to buy

Don't know how long you'll be in Florida, but hopefully long enough to buy your TM there and drive it home to Canada, since the concentration of new/used TMs there is much higher than in Canada we would guess.

The story of our adventure is too long to relate here, but from the day we placed our order last September to delivery in December to our first camping experience President's Day weekend was an adventure we thoroughly enjoyed thanks to a first rate well built product and support from members of this forum, the factory and our dealer.

We look forward to following your story here and please feel free to contact us.