TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 07:01 AM   #1
oldstick
TrailManor Master

Default Dealer Network?

I was wondering if anyone has ever inquired about ordering a TrailManor through any RV dealer other than the "official" ones listed on the website.

It seems like it is almost a special order proposition anyway. For example the only dealer listed in GA is one near ATL and they rarely have more than one or two shown "in stock" when you check their inventory.

We have several very large RV places nearby that carry all sorts of brands. One is a large CampingWorld dealership. You would think with the smaller volume of sales we are talking about, most any dealer could call up and order one if they agree to honor the warranty, (which most good dealers would be capable of). We aren't talking about millions of Fords vs Chevy sales and such.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:43 AM   #2
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

I would make some calls and ask the folks at the factory. Then if TM is willing, contact dealerships to find one that would be willing to work with you. I would guess that you might have to pay more doing it that way. Might be cheaper to drive to the Atlanta.

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
oldstick
TrailManor Master

I imagine you are correct. Their probably is some sort of arrangement where you have to order a minimum number per year to be listed as a dealer AND to get the lowest wholesale prices.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 01:12 PM   #4
ArkyDoodle

As an alternative you might consider the website, http://camperoutlet.net/brands.cfm?mfgid=21
It lets you build whatever you'd like and they'll send you an email with a price. Although they're in Oregon, they do have a way where you can "order it" thru them and then you go to the factory in TN to pick it up....

We were going to go that route until BOB Eikols at the factory connected us with our "regional sales rep" in TX (we live in Ark). He was able to plug us into a new TM dealer in Tyler (TX) that will do the ordering and we'll drive to TN and pick it up. And the dealer's final price (even with me driving 800 miles) was significantly better than what I thought was a very good quote from Camper Outlet.

Shop around......It can be done
ArkyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:18 PM   #5
moaboy

I doubt TM would work with just any dealer. Usually there are contractual franchise type arrangements between the manufacturer and the retailer. This arrangement covers a lot of "what if" situations and financial stipulations as well.
Unfortunately due to the uniqueness of TM's not many dealer want a franchise. Does require special training and knowledge.
But hey good luck, doesn't hurt to ask.