TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #1
momto4girls

Default Standard vs options on NADA pricing report

Aren't some of the things he has listed as options actually standard on Trailmanors? I mean--the fiberglass exterior isn't an option, right? They all have that. I think this pricing report is a little high. Am I wrong? Does the TM website archive brochures for older models detailing what's standard vs optional? In case it doesn't say--its a 2005 3023.

2005 Trailmanor M-3023 Floorplan, Prices & Specs Window Sticker - NADAguides.pdf
momto4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #2
Padgett
TrailManor Master

This is a recent option list:
• Roof air conditioner
• Awning
• Additional bedroom windows (2417 Sport)
• Electric tongue jack
• Swing around tongue, reducing storage length by 2 feet
• Hanging kitchen cabinets (N/Afor 2417)
• Microwave (N/A for 2417)
• Plumb w/quick connect for outside grill
• Alloy wheels (excludes spare)
• Rear bike receiver
• AM/FM radio/CD player
• 80 watt solar panel w/digital control
• Stove cover (N/A 2417)
• Hanging LCD TV mount
• Front window w/curtains & stone guard (N/A 2417 Sport
• Jack HD TV antenna with booster
Old 05-06-2016, 07:59 AM   #3
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

2005 Features: http://www.trailmanor.com/WebDocs/Sh...s/Features.htm

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:53 PM   #4
ChefLamont

As I was perusing the listing I was also wondering how to evaluate some upgrades. For example, one had been lifted and upgraded to 15" wheels. There were some other upgrades too, but the price being asked seemed very high for the year, pictured condition, and other options.
"We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true." Robert Wilensky
ChefLamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
momto4girls

Thanks for the lists! Y'all are great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefLamont View Post
As I was perusing the listing I was also wondering how to evaluate some upgrades. For example, one had been lifted and upgraded to 15" wheels. There were some other upgrades too, but the price being asked seemed very high for the year, pictured condition, and other options.
I am struggling with TM pricing. It seems like the dealers are selling for more reasonable prices than private parties. With cars it's always the other way around. So when I look up a TM on NADA and it gives me an "average retail" and a "low retail", I'm thinking this is what a retail dealer would ask. Private party should be a little lower. I know TMs are kind of a niche market, and they hold their value better than some other type travel trailers, but I agree that prices being asked are too high for the model year. I can NOT afford to overpay. This is not a neccessity like a car--I can live without a camper. It's hard to pay 10K for a 10 yr old TM when I can get a brand new entry level bunkhouse for that price. So tempting to go that route--we just don't want to tow a full height trailer.
momto4girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:41 PM   #6
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

That's the thing, being a niche item, and not a lot of new being built and people not wanting to drive white knuckled with a full size TT. TM's will get top $$$$

I was offered 13k for my 08 but declined as I know what I have and not sure what other model TM I would want.

Good luck in the hunt.

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:49 PM   #7
BradS7535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigrrr View Post
That's the thing, being a niche item, and not a lot of new being built and people not wanting to drive white knuckled with a full size TT. TM's will get top $$$$

I was offered 13k for my 08 but declined as I know what I have and not sure what other model TM I would want.

Good luck in the hunt.
Craig,

I was browsing the forum and found a post where you said that you looked at TM but that it wasn't for you. That was the end of 2015 I believe, just curious what changed your mind?
BradS7535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:03 PM   #8
Craigrrr
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradS7535 View Post
Craig,

I was browsing the forum and found a post where you said that you looked at TM but that it wasn't for you. That was the end of 2015 I believe, just curious what changed your mind?
Brad, the ones I looked at were not for me, meaning the people told me that theirs were cream puffs. So After driving over a thousand miles those TM's were not for me. Not meaning that a TM was not for me. I looked at one in Texas a "cream puff" the wood in the bathroom was green from all the piss on the floor or bad aim or whatever. and a stench and hard to lift shells not a cream puff in my book. Lol.

it was an 02 2720SL for $3700 with wdh

I went home kept thinking in my head oh I should have gotten it but 2 weeks went by I looked in CL. saw the TM I currently own an 08 at camping world was listed at 4600 I offered 3600 he said sold. cash money .

He told me the same they deal in BIG this was parked in the back of their lot in Avondale AZ so if you were to even drive by you would have never seen it.

I got lucky went there right away and bought it. I wanted a TM but new I could not afford a new one at 35k . We downsized from a Class A Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE to a Fleetwood popup and that did not cut it, needed something bigger so the TM fit the bill .

2008 2720SD
2008 Toyota Sienna XLE
2015 Prius v the money saver
Craigrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 07:46 PM   #9
Padgett
TrailManor Master

I also got a good deal at a Camping World (not as good as yours but was happy) - CW takes on trade for a leviathan but just don't want to handle them.

Frankly have not a clue what mine is "worth" but is technologically tricked out so far it is coming around the other side.