TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 02-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #21
Allen1124

I agree. We bought the ADCO cover for our 2720SL last Fall on sale for $96 from Camping World. We also purchased the tire covers on sale. Yes, there is only the one cover that will fit properly.
Old 02-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #22
LifeIsGood

Thanks, Virginia, for your reply. My husband and I were thinking maybe what we need to do is take a few of our old swimming rafts blown up instead of the egg crate mattress pads that would probably absorb water underneath the tarp and make mold and just buy a large enough tarp to cover over and underneath and run rope through the grommets around the bottom so it won't flap in the wind and also tie it around the edge like I saw in one picture here somewhere. I guess one of my main concerns is protecting the solar panel on the roof. Linda
Old 02-06-2008, 06:02 AM   #23
LifeIsGood

Allen1124 - You say, "Yes,there is only the one cover that will fit properly" - How high off the ground does the cover end on the sides?

In looking back at a previous post on the page before this one, commodor47 posted pictures of his TM covered with apparently the same cover - http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...95282683vifiij and it does look like it almost reaches the ground. Does anyone have a picture of what there's looks like covered? Linda
Old 02-06-2008, 08:44 AM   #24
mtnguy

Linda,

Check out this post by Virginia Deacon: http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/sh...highlight=adco

Chap
Old 02-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #25
LifeIsGood

Thanks mtnguy! Now I can see how well they fit. Linda
Old 02-28-2008, 09:37 PM   #26

I, too, have a 2720. What size did you get? Thanks for your help.
tt
Old 10-21-2008, 05:52 PM   #27
RogerR

Default 2720 custom cover

I originally bought the standard ADCO cover but it was very blousy - way to big.

I called the factory and they made me a custom cover that fits perfectly, it also has a better warranty and material. If they have my measurements on file they can make one without further measuring. Roger Raydon

To protect the cover from abrasion on the tv antenna I bought 10 feet of 4 inch or ribbed plastic drain pipe. Its cheap 2.78 for 10 feet and works very well.

I would be interested if anyone has a really good method of keeping the corners from rubbing.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #28
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
I originally bought the standard ADCO cover but it was very blousy - way to big.

I called the factory and they made me a custom cover that fits perfectly, it also has a better warranty and material. If they have my measurements on file they can make one without further measuring. Roger Raydon

To protect the cover from abrasion on the tv antenna I bought 10 feet of 4 inch or ribbed plastic drain pipe. Its cheap 2.78 for 10 feet and works very well.

I would be interested if anyone has a really good method of keeping the corners from rubbing.
You won't keep the covers from rubbing without tightening the cover. Tightening the cover will only encourage chafing.

I think that your question might be better asked, "I would be interested if anyone has a really good method of keeping the corners from chafing".

I would recommend sewing some soft leather patches on the inside of the cover in all areas that are prone to chafing. It will increase the life of your cover 4 fold.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #29
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I ordered my second patch kit from Adco over the weekend. It seems that no matter what I put on the corners and rub points, we still get tears & holes. So I just keep patching. I've taken to sewing the patches on instead of just sticking them onto the cover, they seem to stay on longer.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:27 PM   #30
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
I ordered my second patch kit from Adco over the weekend. It seems that no matter what I put on the corners and rub points, we still get tears & holes. So I just keep patching. I've taken to sewing the patches on instead of just sticking them onto the cover, they seem to stay on longer.
What are the Adco kits made from? Have you tried leather? You can get soft pliable leather from most fabric shops and it is very chafe resistant. I used to own a Marine Canvas business. That's what I used on all chafing points and it was quite successful in most applications.