TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > General Maintenance and Cleaning
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-28-2009, 02:54 PM   #1
mrosspa

Default What Extra Parts Do You Carry

I've used my TM many times since purchasing is about 9 months ago. No, not new, it's used. Just like a home, there are always things that need to be done, and I accept that. I've had no major issues, and I'm happy with the trailer.

What I do realize is that things can break or can fall off. Are there any extra parts you carry as back up in case something is lost or broken?

Michael
Old 03-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #2
grill-n-go
Site Sponsor

Fuses - including one for Thetford
Spare tireS, a total of three, two are on rims
and an extra sewer hose.

'03 2720SL
'07 Tundra 4X4
grill-n-go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #3
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

Agreed, an assortment of fuses. I also carry a roll of double-sided tape for temporary foam gasketing repairs. Electrical tape. Caulk. WD-40 and silicone spray lube. Loctite for the loose screws that inevitably won't re-tighten.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #4
PopBeavers

i have a few fuses, but I have no idea if I have a full set. I should check that out.

Since March 2005, I have not had to fix anything while camping.

I have one screw that comes loose. It holds the frame for the water heater . The other three stay tight. No other screws have ever come loose, that I know of.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:55 PM   #5
rumbleweed

I carry a long 1" ratchet strap to hold shell closed in case a hold down latch breaks .Also good jack and lug wrench and spare tail light bulbs
Old 03-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #6
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

We carry lengths of various gauge wire (sheathed and unsheathed), electrical connecters & a crimper, electrical tape, spare bulbs for most of the lights (inside and out), various nuts, bolts, screws and nails, duct tape, rope, S-hooks (they come in handy), all kinds of fuses, I just throw things in that I think we might need. Last summer one of the (I think they're 1 3/4") hex-head bolts/screws that keep the upper latch thingeys on the upper shell worked its way out when we were on our way to Dinkey Creek. The guy next to us actually had one and gave it to me (you meet the coolest people camping) so now I have two more of those in the kit (one for us, one to pass along). We have a folding saw, the grease gun and grease for the wheel bearings, a hammer, duct tape, crazy glue, multimeter, etc. I think there's caulk in there too. A lot of it is tucked into the under-shelf areas of the TM in various containers. I also have a spare low-point valve that somehow worked its way into the house. I guess it was in my purse for a while. I think there are two more outside in the TM (I think).

I don't know about the new TM's being able to fit these, but I have two of those old-style casette tape carriers that I've taken the casette holders out of underneath the bottom drawer (under the wardrobe) next to the rear bed, they fit perfectly under there and hold quite a bit of stuff. I've also found some metal lunch-box type containers that I keep under the sink, way at the back and in the front cabinets over the bed with various emergency items.

We carry a lot of repair stuff. It comes in handy sometimes. I'd like to find some way to carry two spare tires.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

We had one of the supports to a drawer come out...to one of the deepest drawer areas...on our 3124 ks...only way we could reach it to re-screw it was with an old aluminum arrow so we carry one with no point for that reason. We take almost all of what B and D carry. We also have a wide roll of painters tape. It works well on sealing crevices when it is cold and windy and leaves no residue.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #8
photoadjuster

Default Don't leave home without goop.

In the RV department of some Walmarts, they carry a silcone chaulk called RV Goop. This is a good product for stopping roof leaks. It is thinner that most chauking so it is somewhat self leveling. It is also in a squeeze tube so you don't have to carry a chaulking gun. It will also glue anything to anything.

UV Resistant Contact Adhesive & Sealant. Glues Whatever Bonds Forever!

Bonds & Seals: Clear & Waterproof: Paintable:

Bonds to: Fiberglass, Metal, Glass, Fabric, ABS, PVC, and More.