TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-19-2011, 08:17 PM   #1
Redhawk

Default Attaching Max Air Vent to power vent

I have Max vents on the front 2 vents and they are attached with brackets that are screwed right into the side of the vents. Came that way. I want to put a Max Air on the power vent thou and I don't think I can screw into the sides due to the way it operates.....how did others attach the Max Air to the power/fan vent?
Thanks.......
Old 05-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
ELM-JLM
TrailManor Master

Hi John,
I attached the brackets with fast setting JB Weld! I also used hex head drill bit screws, rather than the machine screws & nuts! On the AC side of the Power Vent I only put screws in verticaly! They work well with the plastic spacer that the vents are attached to. Where the screws go in horizontaly is a void and they didn't get close to the wires! They suggested not using a standard vent cover over the Power Vent but mine is doing great! Its great to be able to leave them open at night and the fan on!

Does your drivers side vent cover interfear with the opperation of the antenna? If so I'll take a few pictures of how I got it to work smoothly!

08 2619 TM W/The Works, 15" wheels X 4 (2 spares),
2015 Ford F 150 Platinum

Sold to someone that loves travel and camping as much as we do!

Love the forum so always checking in!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ELM-JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:07 PM   #3
Redhawk

Thanks Earl. My antenna works fine. I wondered why the previous owner didn't cover the power vent. The power vent plastic bubble does seem to be sturdier than the others, but would still like to cover it. I have JB Weld...will check into that.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:26 PM   #4
Barb&Tim
TrailManor Master

I bought a maxair II (vent area is doubled over the standard ones) for the power vent and standard Maxair's for the front two vents. I mounted all three with the hardware provided by drilling into the side of each vent. No problems have happened with them.

Tim
Old 05-20-2011, 05:27 AM   #5
MisterP

Take the power vent fan out, install the brackets, put the fan back in, install the Maxair cover. That is how I have done it on both TMs.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:18 PM   #6
Pitbull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
I have Max vents on the front 2 vents and they are attached with brackets that are screwed right into the side of the vents. Came that way. I want to put a Max Air on the power vent thou and I don't think I can screw into the sides due to the way it operates.....how did others attach the Max Air to the power/fan vent?
Thanks.......
I just ordered two reg Max for the front vents and one Max II for the powered vent (translucent white). I'm on my maiden voyage (till Sunday) and its been raining off/on the last couple days and opening/closing the vent is a PITA. Thanks

Koz