TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-05-2005, 12:38 AM   #1
tucsoncarol
Site Sponsor

Default Should I trade down my tow vehicle?

Ok, I have a 2633K and tow it with a 2000 Yukon XL. I have a 6'6" husband, 6' fourteen year old boy, three full size greyhounds and a canoe on top. What I like about the Yukon XL is that everyone fits. What I don't like is that my father dictated what we should buy (he of years of experience with towing) and it seems like a smaller unit may do the job as well while guzzling less gas. I have located a nice 2000 Chevy Blazer with 4.3 liter V6, tow package, and 4 wheel drive (which I have always had before this Yukon XL). Am I fooling myself, or is this a viable option? The selling point on the Blazer is that it is almost half the cost to buy as the Yukon XL, and a little lower mileage. Both the boy (at 14) and my dad (at 91) are self limiting considerations. In about four years, I don't think either one will care what I drive. We, however, will be "most timing" or "full timing", and would like to not be limited in where we go by either cost of fuel, or an underpowered tow vehicle. So, what do you think?

P.S. Thank you, Chris (I think it was) who fixed my avatar to a manageable size. That picture is of my two girl greyhounds relaxing in the TM. May is white with brindle patches and Shady is my full brindle. My male dog is named Flint and is a rare color of gray known as blue.
tucsoncarol is offline   Reply With Quote