TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-01-2017, 10:51 PM   #1
Kidkraz
Site Sponsor

Default A most awesome excellent adventure

Well this morning I completed a nine day trip with three other friends. I've been to Yellowstone 4 other times, and once to the Great Tetons. My friends have never been to either location and I was asked to plan the trip. Five nights in Yellowstone with two nights in the Grand Tetons was the plan, but we did make some modifications. We stayed at the Madison Junction camp ground and it was a great place to stay. I read some comments on some blogs and other websites that Madison was not a good place to stay, but I whole heartily disagree with those folks. It's a nice camp ground and we saw elk wander into our area Tuesday morning and evening. I couldn't ask for a better place. Madison doesn't have showers there, but we found that Mammoth, Canyon are better places than Fishing bridge for showering. I say that because Fishing bridge was very crowded with folks, but all the locations were extremely clean and the staff was excellent.
We had dinner at the Yellowstone Lake hotel and although it was pricy it was great food. I figured it was one of those once in a lifetime events, so I didn't mind spending a few more bucks for a good meal with my friends.
Two of the group decided to head home a bit early and skip the Tetons. They'd took a trip outside the park and in returning they came back in thru the north east entrance. They ended up coming over the 11000 ft mountain and the ride in was a bit nerve racking. They worried that the ride to the Tetons might be as sporty, so they passed on that portion of our adventure.
My friend Janie and I were like silly teenagers and had a great time. It's always fun when traveling with a dear old friend. If Yellowstone or the Grand Tetons are on your list of parks to visit, make it happen. My only suggestion is not to visit during the summer time; that's cause the wild life goes to the mountains to stay cool. Spring, fall or winter times are the best times. The animals are out grazing to get fat for the winter. Make any reservations as early as possible. The process was easy and they sent me an email every time I made an addition or change. Made keeping my friends in the loop with the plans for the trip.
If you have to sit in traffic waiting for a heard of Bison to get off the road, it's well worth the wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3118.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	1.78 MB
ID:	16078   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2676.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	3.01 MB
ID:	16079   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2866.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	957.1 KB
ID:	16080   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3016.JPG
Views:	41
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	16081   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3185.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	16082  

2016 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 Hemi
Installed powered folding tow mirrors

Stopped playing with airplanes, now I just enjoy watching them fly by.
Kidkraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:30 PM   #2
inghamm
Site Sponsor

Yellowstone keeps drawing us back. I'm pretty sure it's our favorite place in the world. More than you can see in 5 days, that's for sure.
We enjoyed Madison Junction back in our tent camping days. It is nice, and kind of centrally located. Good advice on the showers.
Too bad your friends skipped the Tetons. Pictures don't really do them justice, although you have a very good one.

TM: 2007 2720 (QB) TV: 2010 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Hopkins INSIGHT brake controller, Andersen No-Sway WDH
CARCHET Solar Powered TMPS
Dometic CRX-1110 AC/DC Compressor Fridge, 200 W Solar
inghamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 06:51 PM   #3
handjstar

Default Bucket list check

We were there 2 weeks ago and I got to check those off bucket list. Tetons for the eclipse was awesome. Could spend some serious time in Yellowstone if it wasn't so crowded. Just too many tourist from abroad who do not follow the rules and practice poor manners. Still great experience despite having someone attempt to steal my generator at Mammoth hot spring campground. My trailmanor did just fine and we put 7500 miles on it in the month of august.
What a country!
handjstar is offline   Reply With Quote