TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Recipes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2011, 06:05 PM   #41
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

oh yea,
the electic skillet is the way to go,and yes bis work well in them, frozen ones work better than canned tho, the one i like doing that wows, is doing omlettes in a zip lock baggie and boiling water, have cooked up to 10 @ a time, kinda a lazy way to cook breakfest, and all done at same time.

randy & vickie
vintage 1991 tm 23
2002 avalanche 2500 8.1L
honda 3000i
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 05:38 AM   #42
rjlwork

My newest convienence is a hanging make-up bag. I hang it over the window in the door to keep out the light at night and store condiment packets, wet wipes and plastic cutlery in the different pockets. It saves me room in the fridge too, not having to carry bottles of ketchup, mustard and mayo.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:08 AM   #43
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I also have the Cobb Grill. Last year I made a butterflied chicken that was supposed to be a free range chicken but the store where we were did only had regular chicken ...I bought the smallest chicken available so it took a lot longer...at least 3 and 1/2 hours and it was not burned at all. I have smoked ribs on it as well for several hours with no problems. You will need to add more charcoal though. Since then I have made the same dish with the free range chicken and also with cornish game hens and had no problems. I can check my Cobb Grill recipe books when I get home late tonight from work.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #44
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjlwork View Post
My newest convienence is a hanging make-up bag. I hang it over the window in the door to keep out the light at night and store condiment packets, wet wipes and plastic cutlery in the different pockets. It saves me room in the fridge too, not having to carry bottles of ketchup, mustard and mayo.
I have one of those too (is it the kind with the clear vinyl pockets & zippers, has a hanger at the top, and is about 2 1/2 feet long by about 16 inches wide, with maybe 5 different compartments?). We keep it in the bathroom, hanging over the wall with the mirror. It contains all of our medical emergency supplies and other bathroom type items. I love it because you can see through it so you can easily find things. It folds up into a nice little package with a tie for storage. It's like this one: http://www.ebags.com/product/baggall...uctid=790156is . We also have one like this: http://www.ebags.com/product/baggall...uctid=510851##.

I don't know if this counts as a "utensil" but in the oven we keep an airbake cookie sheet on the metal plate above the burner, wrapped in heavy duty aluminum foil, to spread the heat. It keeps things from burning at the bottom when you use the oven.

We also have an Aerobie Press for making coffee (I don't drink it anymore but DH does). I makes great coffee and is super easy to clean. We had a French Press before, it made good coffee, but what a mess to clean out!
Old 10-20-2011, 06:30 AM   #45
rjlwork

That's the basic idea. It has the clear pockets and is easy to find whatever you need. Bought it at Tuesday Morning for around $15.00. Easy to store when traveling too.
Old 08-19-2012, 09:22 PM   #46
Pine 3

Default very interesting

I am in the process of setting up our new to us tm. These are all good ideas. I especially want a whirley pop. I used to have one at home but wore them out.

I also like the cosmetic bag idea. We have found great ideas all over this site.

I found amemory foam rug at bed bath and beyond that fits perfectly in the bathroom. So comfy.

We are gearing up to take a trip soon. Cant wait.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #47
rinshin

I am half Japanese so electric rice cooker is stored. The only other electric kitchen item is our coffee maker and coffee grinder. Surprisingly, I do 75% of cooking in the TM when we are out.
rinshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #48
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

I broke down and bought a collapsible salad spinner. It doubles as a colander and a bowl. I take the bowl with us when we tent camp because it takes up so little room.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #49
camp2canoe

Default NuWave cooktop

DW and I broke down and bought one of those portable NuWave induction cooktops featured in all those obnoxious infomercials. We like it! We occasionally use it as a fourth burner inside our (sorry) nonTM camper - since it is diffucult to actually use all 3 burners of the Suburban stove, it often is used as a third burner. When we have free electric, we use it to save on gas. Mostly we use it outside either to cook on or just to use as a warming tray. Thus far it is holding up fine and when it gives up the ghost, we have the second "free" one offered in the commercials to take its place. - camp2canoe
Old 01-26-2017, 08:12 PM   #50
Gwenne & Len

Default ..Time for an update on TM cooking gadgets.....

It's a long winter.....I"m thinking about traveling in a couple months, and we need updated tips on cooking in our TM's.....anybody in?
Anyway, our TM didn't come with an oven or microwave.....I bought a Breville toaster oven. It was a bit expensive, but it was the top rated toaster oven. WE LOVE IT. I take in the house when we aren't camping. It's convection, toasts, bakes, broils. I also take my keurig.....gotta have my coffee! I'm going to take a crock pot when we go for a couple of months. We got a Weber grill, and we take our portable induction burner......we can cook breakfast on the picnic table, or have an extra burner in the TM. I'll also take my electric wine opener.....it's the little things!! Yep, I like having hook ups!!
2012 Highlander
Leelanau County, Michigan
Gwenne & Len is offline   Reply With Quote