TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
cmc211

Default Getting bottom half of door to lock into hinge

When I setup lately I am having a heck of a time getting the bottom half door post to lock into the camper. Seems like the post on the door is too tall to fit where it is supposed to go. I have to mess quite a bit with the sissor jacks. Also to get the door to latch when I close it I have to mess with it quite a bit. Is this normal? Is something out of alignment?
Old 03-06-2006, 12:27 PM   #2
BobRederick

When I don't have the jacks down, I have to lift the door to get it to latch. It latches fine with the leveling jacks down. No other "messing aroound" required. Knowing this, I always give the door a shove after closing to be sure it is latched. When I want to be sure, I lock the deadbolt.
Old 03-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #3
Bill & Lisa

Sounds like the door may be out of alignment. Search the site for info on how to realign the door. Also, be sure that your camper is completely level before trying to set up your door, or making the adjustments.
Old 03-06-2006, 01:02 PM   #4
ripp1202
TrailManor Master

Push the pin down, my pin works it's way up now and then
Old 03-06-2006, 02:00 PM   #5
Bill & Lisa

Ripp has a good point on the pin. I will add my 2 cents on getting the door to latch close properly. I used to have the same problem but have not for the last 3 set ups. I make sure that the curb side is very level fore to aft otherwise it does tent to "flex" around the door area and the door will not latch properly. I have never had a problem with the front side curb jack being too low....It is normally a tad too high and 1/2 - 1 turn down normally fixes the problem for us.
Bill