TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2022, 03:47 PM   #1
JimAdkins

Default Sealand 711-M28 Insanity

Hello all, I recently purchased a used 3032 and we wanted to replace the toilet with the Sealand. I purchased it from Walmart for around $600.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dometic-7...Tank/976770184
We just received the toilet today, and the tank does not have a 3" outlet in the bottom like I expected. Is this something that I could add myself? If not does anyone have any recommendations on where to go to get this done?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-16-2022, 09:34 PM   #2
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Because you didn’t get the model with the “C” at the end, which stands for “center drain”. Otherwise you got the boat model with a pump-out port on top.

Either return it and order the correct one from Scamp Trailers (see link below) or find someplace that can spin-weld a bottom drain in your tank and go from there. Note if you order from Scamp or anywhere else you might find the “C” model, it’s only available in Bone and not White.

https://www.scamptrailers.com/produc...raveler-toilet
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 05:14 PM   #3
JimAdkins

Hey Shane, thanks so much for your response. I initially considered trying to friction weld the attachments myself, but after I saw the prices I decided to send the toilet back.

As far as the "C" model. I can't find it anywhere. Looking on the Dometic website, I can't even find any evidence that the model C existed.

I tried looking at the scamp website as you suggested before, but they are out of stock.

I ended up going with Ardemco.
https://ardemco.com/sealand-31237110...let-with-tank/
Someone from the Facebook group suggested them, so I contacted them. I HAD to speak with someone on the phone to ask for the spin welding I wanted added to the bottom, and sealing the vacuum hole as well.

Regardless, including shipping it cost around $820 which is more than I wanted to spend, but hopefully it will be worth it in the long run.

Thanks again for the response. Hopefully this can help others in the future.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:19 PM   #4
Shane826
TrailManor Master

I believe Allen Lee did exactly that. He’s been really happy with the results. And like I said, now you can get the toilet in white instead of bone.

As for calling Dometic, I tried going that route a few years ago. They didn’t seem to have any idea what I was talking about.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:04 PM   #5
typhoon

You bought the wrong one. The outlet on the bottom is spin welded. Return it and buy it from Scamp.
typhoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 05:51 PM   #6
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimAdkins View Post
Hello all, I recently purchased a used 3032 and we wanted to replace the toilet with the Sealand. I purchased it from Walmart for around $600.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dometic-7...Tank/976770184
We just received the toilet today, and the tank does not have a 3" outlet in the bottom like I expected. Is this something that I could add myself? If not does anyone have any recommendations on where to go to get this done?

Thanks in advance.
Jim,

Soon, I am going to build a fiberglass holding tank for our TM. It will be 20" x 19.5" x 10" tall. It will have a standard RV toilet mounting plate on top, a 3/4" vent pipe in the top/back and I may even make a mounting for a Camco 40126 Tornado Rotary Tank Rinser. I will attach a PVC pipe to the bottom that can be glued or clamped (with a rubber coupling) down to the existing plumbing in the TM.

The bottom of the tank will be slightly sloped to the center of the tank for drainage. The thickness of the fiberglass will be about 1/4" on the sides and bottom and about 1/2" (with a 1/4" core) on top for strength, to mount the toilet.

I should end up with about a 13.5-14G capacity. A standard 12.5" high RV toilet will fit nicely.

I personally don't like tanks made out of polyethylene plastic. They crack over time and are impossible to repair to the original strength. Even when plastic welded. Fiberglass is far stronger and easily patched in the event that it cracks later down the road.

I intend to build the tank on a male mold. If it comes out as a hope, I'll let everyone know and I will keep the mold in case anyone else is interested.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:33 AM   #7
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavery View Post
I intend to build the tank on a male mold. If it comes out as a hope, I'll let everyone know and I will keep the mold in case anyone else is interested.
Just swagging a guess that the tank will weigh about 16/18 lbs, and with the hanging hardware (Including a possible belly strap) closer to 20 lbs. Would that be your guess. If so, this would be a great addition!
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 02:58 PM   #8
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
Just swagging a guess that the tank will weigh about 16/18 lbs, and with the hanging hardware (Including a possible belly strap) closer to 20 lbs. Would that be your guess. If so, this would be a great addition!
A gallon of epoxy resin weighs 9#. I will use less than a gallon of resin and about 3# of F/G cloth and woven roving. Add misc fittings and a 3/8" marine plywood core on the top and it will still come in right around your guess of 16/18#.

Not sure what you mean by hanging hardware and belly strap. My intention is to put the tank right on the bathroom floor (similar to the Sealand) and fill in the tapered bottom, back and sides with expanding foam. That thing isn't going anywhere.

Add a standard RV low-boy toilet on top and you have a 22.5" toilet height.
Old 03-14-2022, 02:33 PM   #9
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwww OK I was thinking you were going to place the tank under the TM (Like a traditional black tank) Makes sence now.
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 03:34 PM   #10
Wavery
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
Aaaaaaawwwwwwwwww OK I was thinking you were going to place the tank under the TM (Like a traditional black tank) Makes sence now.
That would be the best place to put it but there is no room because of the placement of the (bigger than life) grey water tank.

My other thought was to take out the existing (30G) grey water tank (not sure who's idea that was) and use that location for a 15G black water and 20G grey water tank. Just seems like too much work..