TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2022, 01:56 PM   #11
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

I would look into the state laws for states you will be traveling through in regards to restraint of an animal in a vehicle. Some states are very strict - must be crated with crate secured so it can not tumble about. Some very vague - "driver can not be the one to restrain animal", or "animal must be restrained in some manner". Some allow harness secured to seat belt connection in leu of crate, some do not. Some are basically intended to be used if they want a reason to stop you "nothing in the vehicle can cause a distraction to the driver" - meaning if they saw an animal sitting on the driver's lap, mostly likely you are getting pulled over. (What do those states want you to do with kids, even though they are belted in? LOL) My dog is always harnessed, the cat always crated and crate secured. Personally, just driving around normally, I've had idiots pull out in front of me causing me to brake much faster than I'd like to. The harness has saved the dog from being a bug splat on the inside of the windshield more times than I care to count. Can you tell it is a pet peeve of mine to see animals unrestrained in a vehicle?
Old 08-26-2022, 01:58 PM   #12
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
Our new cat (of about 14 - 15 years) just brought us a headless rabbit on our front door mat this morning, he's a wild child, but so sweet with us.
Ha ha - I used to have a cat that was forever bringing me headless mice in the middle of the night. I loved her for it, except she almost always left them on my pillow right in front of my side-sleeping face!
Old 08-27-2022, 12:36 AM   #13
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoMiPa View Post
I would look into the state laws for states you will be traveling through in regards to restraint of an animal in a vehicle. Some states are very strict - must be crated with crate secured so it can not tumble about. Some very vague - "driver can not be the one to restrain animal", or "animal must be restrained in some manner". Some allow harness secured to seat belt connection in leu of crate, some do not. Some are basically intended to be used if they want a reason to stop you "nothing in the vehicle can cause a distraction to the driver" - meaning if they saw an animal sitting on the driver's lap, mostly likely you are getting pulled over. (What do those states want you to do with kids, even though they are belted in? LOL) My dog is always harnessed, the cat always crated and crate secured. Personally, just driving around normally, I've had idiots pull out in front of me causing me to brake much faster than I'd like to. The harness has saved the dog from being a bug splat on the inside of the windshield more times than I care to count. Can you tell it is a pet peeve of mine to see animals unrestrained in a vehicle?
Fortunately, no Vehicle codes are enforceable by law. So if you DID get a citation... it is easily beatable.
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 05:33 AM   #14
HoMiPa
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmikesell View Post
Fortunately, no Vehicle codes are enforceable by law. So if you DID get a citation... it is easily beatable.
Well, I'm not the type of person that thinks the law doesn't apply to me. But if I was, a second offense in New Hampshire of leaving an animal in dangerous conditions in a parked vehicle is a Class B felony offense... Get hit with a felony, guarantee I would more pay attention to laws, even if they are only "vehicle codes"... And some of the states have up to six months jail time for "vehicle codes" regarding restraint, or lack therefor, of an animal in a moving vehicle. To be honest, I'm not even sure what you mean by "vehicle codes", other than your comment seems to imply they are not laws. They are RSAs in NH, which are most definitely enforceable laws.
Old 08-30-2022, 10:29 AM   #15
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

As to NOT hijack this thread, I will take this to a PM.
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 09:59 AM   #16
NewGirl

Default Reverse cat diabetes

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairweatherfisherman View Post
Recently found out our 14 year old cat has become diabetic, so we will need to take her everywhere with us, so I can give her the insulin shots twice a day. I’d love to hear about cat experiences while traveling.
I’ll chime in here... after reading a Vet’s article online, I reversed my cat’s diabetes by switching to an all wet food diet. The switch from dry food to wet was hard but it quickly and completely reversed the condition, no insulin required. Good luck.
NewGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
traveling with a cat.