TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2003, 12:09 PM   #1

Default Grey Water & Black water tank capacity??

just wanna make that clear i know my 2720 sl it has a standard  30 gallon grey water but is  that include the black water tank also ,the reason is i want buy one of those Tote Tanks and want to make sure is the rite size ,Thx for your input,also if you know any place to buy those that has a better price them camping world i appreciated,using a lot state park and i may need one ,thx again. ;D
Old 07-13-2003, 12:17 PM   #2
Windbreaker

Default Re: Grey Water & Black water tank capacity??

You have the 30 gallons of grey water plus the six per charge of black water. That is going to be a really big blue boy and hard to transport.

May I suggest that you get no bigger than a 20 gallon size. You can dump the black, open the grey to flush the line a little then shut off the grey if need be and make more than one trip to the dump station.

For me, lifting 15 gallons into the back of the truck is a chore, I don't think I could do 20 the size of the blue boy would be outta this world.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:40 AM   #3
bbeckham

We got the 10 gal size and it is as heavy as my husband would want to handle. Can be awkward to pull over gravel and uneven ground. It is big enough to handle the entire black water tank - which we empty first. If we were to overflow the grey water in subsequent filling of the tote, that would not be as unpleasant. So far we've been able to tell went to stop filling so overflow hasn't happened yet.

Betty Ann
Old 07-14-2003, 06:54 AM   #4
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
If we were to overflow the grey water in subsequent filling of the tote, that would not be as unpleasant. So far we've been able to tell went to stop filling so overflow hasn't happened yet.
Ya need the "Tote-Along Tank Bobber Gauge"! (http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...H&tcode=37)

"Eliminate potential messes from tank overflows! Bobber Gauge's red-tipped "bobber" alerts you when your tank is almost full. Attaches in seconds to 3/4" male garden hose opening present on all size Tote-Along Tanks. USA."

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2003, 11:42 AM   #5
bbeckham

Quote:

Ya need the "Tote-Along Tank Bobber Gauge"! (http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...H&tcode=37)

"Eliminate potential messes from tank overflows! Bobber Gauge's red-tipped "bobber" alerts you when your tank is almost full. Attaches in seconds to 3/4" male garden hose opening present on all size Tote-Along Tanks. USA."

That is quite a useful gadget. This info needs posting in the Tips section. Thank you very much!!

Betty Ann

Old 07-16-2003, 11:00 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

I have been in several State and National Forest parks in the west where you have to LIFT your blue tank a couple feet off the ground to dump it. If you have more than 10 gallons in your tank, this is going to be a real chore. My advice? Stay with 10 or less.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 12:51 PM   #7
arknoah

Default Re:Grey Water & Black water tank capacity??

I think mine is a 15 gallon as well. I knew that it would be hard to transport a heavier one, plus they're expensive. This can take care of all the black water and enough gray water to flush the hose.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:58 AM   #8
mmayville

Default Rechargeable Toilet

My wife has brought up an interesting question. We are both allergic to man made chemical fragrance. But for some reason regular house cleaning chemicals do not have the same affect (Clorox, Lysol, etc..). We have been researching fragrance free toilet chemicals used in RV holding tanks. I use them in my current one but it has a black holding tank. In the rechargeable toilet will it control the smells that seem to fumigate the bathroom? I know that aqua blue has a scent that is sometimes irritating to the sinuses. We have narrowed our search down to the 2720 SL or the 3023 SL. The convenience of being able to sit on the sofa to watch TV at night is very appealing to us. But it is all coming back to the toilet issue. We always setup for full hookups so emptying the tank is not an issue. I know the toilet has ventilation but is it enough to subdue the evil odors that are emitted from our glow in the dark waste? :-)

2004 2720SL Swing Tongue
2015 Toyota Tacoma V6 4.0L
Many changes since I purchased it!
mmayville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 08:53 AM   #9
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

The chemical odor will be there, since you always have full hookups I would use less chemicals and dump more often.that may reduce the chemical odor and the fan may handle that. Others will suggest different chemicals etc. but the smell is there if you have a nose that is working

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote