TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Exterior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2008, 12:50 PM   #1
COMountainFamily

Default Help with broken latch

Hi All,

Yesterday, I picked up my new Trailmanor 2720 and drove it home. Unfortunately on the way home I stopped to get gas and I was turning at the gas station pumps bumped my brand new trailmanor against the pole at the end of the pumps!

It looks like a small plastic cover came off, the siding was pushed in a little and the latch that holds the side down was bent. This is the latch that clicks in when you put your foot on the stirrup, not the little flip latch.

I'm going to call the dealership when they're open on Monday, but thought I'd send a note out on the forum and see if anyone has suggestions for obtaining a replacement latch or repairs in general. If the dealer doesn't do this sort of body work, where can I go to get repairs? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I bought the camper from the Car Show in Colorado Springs. I guess I'll find out on Monday if they do body work or not.

Thanks,

--Jeff

TV 2008 Nissan Pathfinder
2009 2720 TrailManor
Old 04-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #2
wbmiller3
Site Sponsor

For the side latch I think you'll only be able to get it from the dealer or the factory (see current thread about obtaining spare parts from the factory). As far as body work...I have no idea. The TM structure is pretty unique.
2018 F150 towing 2001 2619; lift kit & 15" wheels
wbmiller3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
ng2951

The TM construction techniques uses are very similar to the techniques used to build experimental aircraft (Vari, LongEze, and Cozy). Repairing such aircraft is pretty simple, though smelly (epoxy) and requiring precision for quality results.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
evans27292

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMountainFamily View Post
Hi All,

Yesterday, I picked up my new Trailmanor 2720 and drove it home. Unfortunately on the way home I stopped to get gas and I was turning at the gas station pumps bumped my brand new trailmanor against the pole at the end of the pumps!

It looks like a small plastic cover came off, the siding was pushed in a little and the latch that holds the side down was bent. This is the latch that clicks in when you put your foot on the stirrup, not the little flip latch.

I'm going to call the dealership when they're open on Monday, but thought I'd send a note out on the forum and see if anyone has suggestions for obtaining a replacement latch or repairs in general. If the dealer doesn't do this sort of body work, where can I go to get repairs? Any thoughts or suggestions?

I bought the camper from the Car Show in Colorado Springs. I guess I'll find out on Monday if they do body work or not.

Thanks,

--Jeff

TV 2008 Nissan Pathfinder
2009 2720 TrailManor
body work would have to be done at factory,they remove the damaged panel,and replace it.the repair isnt cheap.you might want to contact your insurance company.when i was at the factory last sept.they had several there for the same reasons,cutting in too close at gas pumps.bottom latch can be ordered at factory. good luck
Old 04-06-2008, 10:46 PM   #5
Al-n-Sue

The Car Show does this type of repair. Our friends with a TM scraped the side on a pole when they were leaving their storage lot. they almost took off the torsion bars and it required a new side panel as well as new lift bars and locks. It ws pretty bad. We (5 couples) were leaving on a camping trip and he had to strap the shell down. It still raised ok, but he had to use the strap to hold it down while traveling. The Car Show did an excellent job of repairing it. Yours doesn't sound as bad. Good luck.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:14 PM   #6
larsdennert

Now you don't have to worry about "the first scratch"

The pin that holds one of my spring loaded latches busted and I put a nut and bolt to replace the pin. The OEM weld looked incomplete but it didn't help that I was driving off road with my TM.