TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-13-2007, 08:14 PM   #11
PopBeavers

One subtle design feature of our TM 2720, when compared to a Sea Breeze MH, is that three people can be preparing a meal without banging hips together. The counter to the right of the stove, the counter over the fridge and someone else sitting at the table.

For a small trailer, this works out well. Not all RVs have this ability.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #12
traveling trailer poodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen1124 View Post
You are going to really enjoy your TM. We never had an RV until last Fall when we bought our 2720. However, a few months later we realized that the 2720SL floor plan better suited our needs. We purchased the SL from the same dealer here in VA and our 2720 is posted on this site (on the 2nd page of TMs for sale. Good luck!
Allen,

I am new to the site and may be cross-posting slightly, but I am going through Staunton tomorrow to look at a 2720SL at a dealer in Salem (my first RV). Any reason you chose to go all the way to a dealer in Chesapeake?

Everyone else,

What a great resource this site is for a newbie like me. I am sure I will have many, many questions to post in the near future. My tow vehicle (2001 Toyota Tacoma V6) is closer to the limit than I would prefer, but I will stay mostly below 5,000 ft and don't want to upgrade if I don't have to. The 2720SL seems like a good fit for us (2 adults and 3 poodles) as well.

Dave
Old 08-17-2007, 12:00 PM   #13

I think it is 4950.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:27 PM   #14

Thanks for the info, Leon. My alternative tow vehicle s a Toyota 4Runner. It has about the same tow capacity but a much shorter wheelbase. The Tacoma has a 121" wheelbase and the 4Runner 105". Think I'm better off "going long". I have some more questions, but I think I should start a new thread for them.

Dave
Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 PM   #15
azsteve

Default Now looking and still learning

Wife, I and Poncho, (Chihuahua) left this morning at 6:30 am, drove to Anaheim Ca. from our home in Fort Mohave AZ. to "Custom RV. Looked at a few different models and I think we came to a conclusion, for what we are looking for, that the 2720SL is the best one for us. I have a storage unit very near to where I live in AZ. that is 10X24 feet and it will fit there very well and be inside. Wish I could keep it at my home, but can't get it into my yard due to real, real, real steep driveway. From what I have read on this site, I have learned a lot about the TM's. Next move is I need to get rid of a bunch of junk in the storage unit next month when it cools off a little here, have a garage sale and make a home for the future TM. I was very impressed with the living arrangement of the 2720SL. I will be keeping my eyes peeled for a good newer used one on this site that may be not to far away. New cost I was quoted was just a little under $28k pretty much loaded with exception of microwave. At the $28k price with the cost of a easy tow hitch arrangement of about $450. and plus taxes and transfer fee's over $30K. Oh well, you only live once so they say and if it's meant to be, then so be it.

AZSteve