TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2007, 07:59 AM   #11
ericluvskim04

My wife liked to camp when we were younger but as the kids grew up we stop camping. But when we got to NM we decided to rent a pop up camper from the Air Force outdoor Recreation center and go camping. We met up with my daughter and husband in Raton NM and had a awesome time. She liked the camper and it renewed her interest in camping again. The only problem with the pop-up was the bathroom. My wife wanted a bathroom and preferable something hardside. I just purchase a 2007 Trailblazer so I was limited. I wanted a trailmanor for the past year or so and the stars lined up perfectly. I baited her with the pop-up which ultimately led to the purchase of my 2005 3025! God is good. Best purchase I made in a long time. My advise take her out in a pop-up and get her interest peaked then spring the TM on her.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:06 PM   #12
Joseph

Default Tetons in the background...:)

Yes, that is the Tetons. Last years trip to Yellowstone. Made that trip in a pop-up. Before we had the TM....
Old 07-09-2007, 05:06 PM   #13
baker75

I suggest alcohol, or another type of sedative. If she doesn't really know where she is, she won't complaign about it.
/Kidding
/no really, I am.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:35 PM   #14
Freedom

Maybe you need some of this! http://www.guzer.com/videos/kid_stoned.php
Old 07-09-2007, 08:08 PM   #15
Paul Moulton

We are also far away from anyone who sells the TM but we used this forum and found great support and understanding from Hal Swanson in Denver.

My wife was working in Boulder at the time and he invited her down and showed her their TM. This was enough to convince Betty that this would be lots more fun than tents or even pop ups. On a rainy day camping we like nothing more than to lounge inside our TM with a pot of tea or coffee and a good book.

We just came back from two weeks in the TM and find the bed to be extremely comfortable and access to your own toilet (albeit a small bathroom) to be an extremely civilized way to camp. Nothing like a nice hot shower to make camping bearable.

TM 2000 2720 SL
TV 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid
Old 07-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #16
TrailManG

Hey Paul, my brother works in the Boulder area and I will be vacationing there come October. If you or this forum can pass the word around about seeing a TM live and in person, I know I'll be hooked and my brother will to. Any info will be appreciated.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #17
lnussbau

The Car Show is good, and they do have a decent selection. But I live quite a bit closer to Boulder (north side of Westminster), and you're more than welcome to come by and see my 2720SL, even practice opening and closing it.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:14 PM   #18
kisove

From a woman's perspective, I would never camp with canvas - tent or pop up is out of the question. I have loved camping in the trailmanor. We have air conditioning (a must). And we enjoy unhooking and visiting wineries and doing my favorite thing - shopping! I have a stove and oven but use the microwave (we got a cover installed for the cooktop!). Camping should never require cooking. Take her out to eat!!!!!!!!!! Also, we hang a flat screen tv from our bathroom wall and enjoy watching movies together with popcorn. Try that! The best thing of all is that trailmanors cool quickly and don't allow bugs to get and they have huge windows to look out of!