TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 03-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #11
Tuscany Bandit

Default Line-x vs Bedrug

I have had both. Line-x for two years on my 03 Tundra and 2 years with the Bedrug on my 05 Tundra. If I had to choose the best I would say that the Bedrug is the best. You can't slide anything on the Linex, but no problem with the Bedrug...plus the Bedrug fills in the "grooves" on the floor of the truck bed to make to a smooth surface. You could even sleep on the surface without much discomfort. Thumbs up for the Bedrug!

Jerry
Old 03-14-2007, 06:34 PM   #12
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

PM Owl -

I have a plastic bedliner in my 1998 Ford Ranger mini-pickup. I haul loads of stuff to the dump, occasional loads of gravel, sticks, branches, etc. Each fall, I pop out the liner and hose down the bed. Quick and easy. By the way, this is on the beach in Maine, where rust is rampant because of the salt in the air. But no sign of rust or deterioration so far. I have no experience with a spray-in liner, and so cannot comment.

By the way, the TM Company has no connection with the TMO forum. The company has repeatedly refused (and in my opinion wisely) to acknowlege the forum in any way, including posting anything on the forum. We know they read it - but they value it as an independent source of feedback, and do not want it to be contaminated with accusations of "company sponsorship and influence".

And in truth, they don't need it. Trail Manor has an EXCELLENT customer interface unit. Just call the factory, and ask to talk to Ed. This is Ed Lytle, the customer interface guy, and you will see what I mean. I don't know how Ed handles everything, and still has time to chat with customers who just "drop by the plant" as I did. But he does, in fact, manages it very well.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:06 AM   #13
Freedom

I have had experience with both Line-X and Rhino Lining. In my opinion Line-X is no better than the original paint. It scratches, things slide around and, yes, every small scratch rusts. Rhino Lining on the other hand is 1/8" thick on the sides and 1/4" thick on the flat surfaces. I have never scratched through this lining. I have had full 55 gallon drums in the back and they never slide even when not tied down. Things stay where you put them and I don't think you can tear through the stuff. I would buy Rhino Lining again - Line-X I would never buy again. I have never even heard of the Bed Rug, so can't comment on that. (There's another spray lining called Bull Hide - I think it's the same as Rhino Lining.)