TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Frame
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2006, 03:07 PM   #1
JimRei

Default New Owner of old TM

I took the plunge yesterday and bought a 1993 TrailManor 30/23. My wife thinks it was a mistake. I am 56 yrs old and recently retired, and thought it would be fun to get into camping again, so I bought an 'as is TM from a dealer. They told me that everything works. I offered 4,500, and they put it up and down for me and now I am in the process of installing a receiver and brake controller and wiring. Just wanted to get an opinion from you guys on whether I made a mistake or not. It does need a little cosmetic work, but seems functional. It has roof air and an awning and a sofa with 2 chairs. Seems to need a good cleaning as well. Thanks, Jim ......
Old 02-12-2007, 07:34 AM   #2
Leaver

Hi Jim,
Sounds like you got a great deal! Do you feel that way now? We are looking for a TM like the one you bought and would appreciate your thoughts now that you've had time to use it. Does your wife still feel the same?
Leaver
Old 02-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #3
2bcs1jrt

Well, I can chime in here, I guess. I paid $8000 for my 1996 2518 in Summer of 2005. We have done a few of the repair/modifications and should do some more. I really like the comfort of it and to tell you the truth, I have looked at a few Rvs and trailers to see if they would be a possibility in the future (when I get tired of setting up and tearing down), and I have yet to find a floorplan that suits my needs that isn't huge and hence out of my price and towing range. Until they develop an hybrid or better yet an electric TV that can handle a large trailer, that I can afford to purchase along with purchasing said trailer, I guess I'll stay with my Astro and my TM. By the way, I was set up all week and happy to discover that after 4 days of rain, neary a leak was found. Pretty good for an 11 year old TM.
Cheri
Old 03-25-2007, 08:34 AM   #4
Pat255

Hi all...I am also looking for a used TM...and would appreciate if someone could post a list of items that one should check before taking delivery of the RV...The dealers are just like the used car salesmen & their word is not worth much ...But folks here seem very knowledgeable and would apprecaite any feed back....Thank you..
Old 03-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Default Buying used trailmanor - what to look for

What to look for when buying a used trailmanor:

Here's a couple of posts from the past on this subject:

http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/sh...ghlight=buying

http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/sh...ghlight=buying
buying used trailmanor

I would also recommend reading through the owners manuals posted here so that you know how things are supposed to work.

http://trailmanorowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2472

Good luck!
Old 03-25-2007, 01:05 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Leon -

You beat me to it. Thanks.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote