TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2003, 04:58 AM   #1
Robin

Default Brand new TM owner

We just purchased a 2001 2720SL from list member Chris in San Antonio.  We enjoyed camping in it on our way home to Oakland, CA.  Our new Toyota Tundra makes towing a cinch.  Together, they are Thelma and Louise.

Right now it is at the Dinuba dealership getting some fix-ups and improvements:  a new bolt lock for the door, new tongue jack (the other one got all mashed up by steep driveways), a bigger fresh water tank (exchanging the 11 gallon tank for a 20 gallon tank), etc.  Something I would like to point out: the 20 amp battery fuse blows out occasionally, so they are changing out the wiring to accept a 30 amp fuse.  Apparently this has been a problem so TM now makes all battery fuses 30 amps.

This was our first step-up from 30 years of tent camping, and we love it.   ;D  Any other TM owners around the Bay Area, California?
Old 04-21-2003, 07:05 AM   #2
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Default Re: Brand new TM owner

Hi Robin,

Welcome to the TrailManor family.  the folks at Dinuba are great folks.  John is very helpful, and I am sure that he and David will take good care of you. I will be dropping mine off there this weekend so they can hunt down a pesky little roof leak, but I think it is coming from the vent.....we shall see. :P

I live in San Jose, and there are a couple other TM owners in the Bay Area.  When Chris said that the "new" owners of his TM were from Northern Calif. I mentioned that it will be nice to increase the TrailManor presence in the Bay Area as well.

Again, Welcome to the family, and if you ever have any questions, never hesitate to ask.  The group here are the most helpful and friendly that I have ever exchanged info with.

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 09:48 AM   #3
Sinclue
Site Sponsor

Hi Robin,

Welcome to the group and to one of the greatest, if not the greatest, trailer made.  We live in the east bay too (Richmond).  Haven't had any dealings with the folks at Dinuba, but have heard good things about them over the years.  
We have the same trailer, but ours came with a 20gal tank.  I know the literature says 11, but there was a sticker by the door that indicated otherwise.  And I measured it and the capacicty was over 20 gals by cubic volume.  I was also under the impression that ours was 30a, but will make note to check it next time I visit it (we don't have a garage for it unfortunately).  
Start at the beginning of these postings and read all the posts and you'll have a wealth of knowledge rarely available to new owners of other rigs.  
Feel free to contact me offlist if you'd like to talk about your new "toy"
Jim
Sinclue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 11:32 AM   #4
Robin

Thanks for the welcome.  Jim: where do you store your TM?  We're looking for RV storage in the East Bay.

--Robin
Old 04-21-2003, 04:57 PM   #5
Paul_Heuvelhorst

For those of you who live in the Bay Area, especially the East Bay and North Bay, Dinuba RV now has a 2nd location at:
210 Highway 12, Rio Vista, CA 94571-9799
TEL: (707) 374-3794
TOLL-FREE  (800) 953-4787

This location may be more convenient for your service needs than the drive to Dinuba, CA.

Whichever location you decide to use, the people of Dinuba RV are tops when it comes to supporting the products they sell.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:53 AM   #6
Robin

They still call themselves Dinuba RV but they closed the Dinuba location.  Their only location now is in Rio Vista.
Old 04-22-2003, 06:06 AM   #7
Civil_War_Buff
Site Sponsor

Quote:
They still call themselves Dinuba RV but they closed the Dinuba location. Their only location now is in Rio Vista.
REALLY???? I know that they have had the Rio Vista place for a couple of years.  They were just up the road a ways on Hwy 12, and recently moved to where they are now last November or so.  I spoke to Stan at the RV show in January and he didn't mention that they were closing the Dinuba location.  They were excited about expanding the Rio Vista from just a service/delivery location to also be a sales location though.  I know that they have stopped selling Coleman last year, but I thought they were now selling TrailManor at both locations.  
Thanks for the heads up on this Robin, I would hate to try and stop in at Dinuba (if I were in the area) only to find them gone. :P :-[

Larry
Civil_War_Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:12 AM   #8
Robin

Stan told me last Saturday that 90% of their customers live in the Greater Bay Area.  Actually, thinking back to our conversation, he said that as of now the Dinuba location was only doing repairs, no sales, but they are planning to close it completely in a matter of weeks.