TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2004, 10:01 AM   #1
Ettelson

Default outside storage

We were having problems trying to find a place to put things used when dumping without having to open up the trailer. (gloves, hose fittings, etc) We solved this by adding an empty battery box next to the single battery. There is room for two. So it looks like there are two batteries, but one box is used for these dumping items that don't fit in the bumper.
Old 01-14-2004, 05:22 PM   #2
2619PDX

Default Re:outside storage

Hmmm. Good idea. I store my hoses, etc... in the tool box. that way no one will want to get in there and steal things! Works out fine too! I keep the toilet brush and a small broom in the bumper.

I added a larger 8D battery that takes up all of the battery box area, so I cannot add another box. But it is a good and valid idea.

Gregg
Old 01-17-2004, 11:09 AM   #3
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Hi, T_C -

In my 2002 2720SL, at least, the tool box actually is accessible when the TM is closed, but it is kind of a pain. It is possible to slide the diamond-plate cover off, but since the folded rear shell bears down on it, sometimes I have to grab the edge of the plate with a pair of pliers to pull it (hint: don't keep the pliers in the tool box).

One thing that helps - before you close the TM, put the diamond-plate cover onto the tool box with the cover's front edge UNDER the little lip, instead of on top of it. Another thing - when you want to remove the cover, first pop the rear corner latches. The rear shell rises up just a bit, taking the pressure off the cover.

I can't speak to the 2004 models with the new rear bumper arrangement, although if TM would like to send me one, I'd be glad to do a full review.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 02:03 PM   #4
jbeletti
Jim

Hi all,

On my 2004 3023, I am able to remove the (now plastic) cover from the storage bumper when the unit is closed. It's a bit tight, but it does come off.

Jim
jbeletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2004, 04:21 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

[quote author=Texas_Camper link=board=7;threadid=1607;start=msg11397#msg11397 date=1074369566]
Thanks Bill,,,
But I have a 2619 with one battery up front near the tounge[/quote]
My mistake, T_C, I thought you were talking about the rear tool box. On rereading, that was not correct. Sorry.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2004, 08:11 AM   #6
jbeletti
Jim

Texas Camper,

Sorry if I was vague, but I can actually remove the cover to my 2004 3023 storage bumber when the unit is down. So I have full access to what's inside.

As for using the battery box for storage, I cannot comment as I have a battery in mine. I'll have to go back and read that thread as it sounds like you or someone relocated their battery.

Jim

Update: Just read thread on the use of the "second" storage battery box. Great idea. I have yet to use my TM so I have a lot to learn about dumping the holding tanks.
jbeletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2004, 10:44 AM   #7
arknoah

I'm with TC in terms of the things I store in the tow vehicle or in the rear storage area of my 3225 and the rear bumper, though I never thought about storing the awning handle in the rear area. We always stored in behind the sofa bed where it was when we first bought the trailer.

Maybe we ought to think about that one....
Old 01-28-2004, 05:51 AM   #8
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

I stored the awning crank and brace under the edge of the front bunk mattress on my '97 2720. You don't know that they are there even when sleeping, they don't rattle and they don't shift around while traveling. I put them behind the front couch along with the flag on my '03 2720SL.
MJL ;D
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote