TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
tiniree

Talking Setting up question?

Our family has run the gammit when it comes to camping "homes". We started with a tent, then a pop-up, & from there went to a standard trailer, to a Hi-Lo, Class C and then a Class A.

Of all, we loved the Hi-Lo best due to its lower profile while towing. I loved the ease of set up, especially in bad weather.

We are currently "RV-less", and have been thinking about either another Hi-Lo or looking into a TM.

The thing is, we are getting older. I had a stroke last year, and we don't want something that is a pain to set up (ie: too heavy or cumbersome).

Can some of you great TM owners give us basic rundown on how the TM is set up and the pro's & con's please?
Old 09-24-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Something to think about... HiLo is not being made any more, so used are the only units available and parts may be an issue.

TM units are lightweight and easy to set-up. One person can set up in a few minutes. The mechanism are spring loaded torsion bars located beneath the frame which when unlatched lift the two roofs with some assistance from a person. All aluminum hard shell walls, floors and roofs. My wife can set up by herself in 10 minutes. After the roofs are raised and the door is put in position, everything else is the same for any other tow behind RV. The hard panel bath walls are stored in place on hinge rails and can be set up in seconds. The beds are stored over the living space and slide out towards the front and rear ends with relative ease.

Pros- lightweight, trailered overall height is 5ft 5 in. Does not require a sway bar and In most cases, does not require a WDH. Some models have a king bed configuration, with a swing hitch which pivots the hitch to the side after it is parked allows many models to be stored in a standard home garage.

Cons- 6 gallon limited black tank. All storage space is below counter height while trailered. Narrower than conventional RV at 7ft. 7 in wide. Parts support is directed to limited number of dealers. Light weight construction has its issues if not maintained. Is not practical for full time RVers. Latched roofs do not allow for ease of access while towing on the road. No bathroom breaks....

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
tiniree

Default Interior height?

What is the interior height when set up?
Old 09-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

hello
i am about 6,2 and the only stooping i do is in the shower, kinda have to watch going into the bathroom due to low header,
we also have run the gamit on rv's also, went from tent ,pop-up, then tm, sold it ,
tried full size rv, hybrid rv , then we also realized another trailmanor was what we really wanted , the storage, the way they tow, inside room for the inside days, wife can set up without me, has done it before, love it when i get to show up and just get an adult bev.
but go look at one and be your on judge, they are not for everyone,

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #5
mecicon
TrailManor Master

Default Nice overview

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcycleguy View Post
Something to think about... HiLo is not being made any more, so used are the only units available and parts may be an issue.

TM units are lightweight and easy to set-up. One person can set up in a few minutes. The mechanism are spring loaded torsion bars located beneath the frame which when unlatched lift the two roofs with some assistance from a person. All aluminum hard shell walls, floors and roofs. My wife can set up by herself in 10 minutes. After the roofs are raised and the door is put in position, everything else is the same for any other tow behind RV. The hard panel bath walls are stored in place on hinge rails and can be set up in seconds. The beds are stored over the living space and slide out towards the front and rear ends with relative ease.

Pros- lightweight, overall height is 5ft 5 in. Does not require a sway bar and In most cases, does not require a WDH. Some models have a king bed configuration, with a swing hitch which pivots the hitch to the side after it is parked allows many models to be stored in a standard home garage.

Cons- 6 gallon limited black tank. All storage space is below counter height while trailered. Narrower than conventional RV at 7ft. 7 in wide. Parts support is directed to limited number of dealers. Light weight construction has its issues if not maintained. Is not practical for full time RVers. Latched roofs do not allow for ease of access while towing on the road. No bathroom breaks....
Very concise, we'll done.
'01 Ford Excursion Limited 7.3 L PSD 4WD (Rudolph) (Sold)
'18 Keystone Cougar 29BHS (Sold)
'15 Prime Tracer 25BHS (Traded)
'06 TrailManor 2619 (Traded)

:cwmddd:
mecicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #6
CeeWoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
I'm not sure on the height, but I'm 6'0 and have plenty of head room. EXCEPT I do have to watch myself when entering the Bathroom and although I don't hit the ceiling in the shower, I can sense its presence LOL (BTW-my previous RV was a TowLite so I know where you're coming from about HiLo)

The HiLo had been our favorite RV up until we got the TM about 15 or 16 months ago. We love it
Old 09-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
rvcycleguy
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiniree View Post
Interior height is 6ft 4in.

TM-2002 3124KB
TV-2003 Toyota Tundra V8 4.7L. Fact. Tow Pkg, air bags
2006 Suzuki Boulevard C50c Motorcycle- crashed- parted out
1956 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Motorcycle-sold
2006 Harley Road King
rvcycleguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #8
Beak12

Don't know how to access it BUT there is a vidio out there on the net of folks settng up a TM. The one beinging set up in a large building is the guy who sold us on the TM 2720SL. I'm not sure but Custom RV may have something on their web site.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:08 PM   #9
Bailey'sMom
Site Sponsor

Default If you want videos check this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beak12 View Post
Don't know how to access it BUT there is a vidio out there on the net of folks settng up a TM. The one beinging set up in a large building is the guy who sold us on the TM 2720SL. I'm not sure but Custom RV may have something on their web site.
I compiled this list

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=13969

(RIP Bailey - 12/6/2020)
Welcome Sophie DOB 1/5/2021
Mini Goldendoodle (who's not so mini)

New to me 2010. 2720SD TrailManor
New to me 2010 Chevy Traverse

Both purchased July 2013

Factory installed 80W solar panel.

New batteries June 30th 2018.
(SLIGC115 Duracell Ultra 6V Deep Cycle Golf Cart Battery x 2)
New bag seals Sept 2020
Rohent R7 HD 1080P RV Wireless Backup Camera Installed Sept 2020
Bailey'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

At one of the TrailManor rallies, I recall Custom RV talking about an option to electrically open up the TM, but I don't know how far they've gotten with that.

It wouldn't hurt to call them and ask them about it.

I'm 58, 5'5', female, and can open up our 1997 TM by myself with no problems. Sometimes I kind of have to lean back a bit, but I'm not skinny and can put my weight into the effort. If I weighed less than 120, I think it would be harder.