TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 08-08-2003, 10:14 AM   #1
efelker

Default Checklist (Part 1)

There have been several requests over the months from folks regarding checklists. There has also been some super replies from many of the TM Gurus out there. I have been assembling those ideas (and many others) building my own set of checklists.

I now have a series that others might find helpful. They are MS Word documents. I formatted them to be cut into 5X7 sheets that could be put in a Daytimer notebook. I put them in vinyl sleeves in an old AF AIrcrew Checklist binder I have so I can check off steps as I do them.

This started initially as just a checklist project. But as I read more and more of the info on this website I expanded it to include a lot of tips, suggestions, and modifications that I saw on the site.

So I take no real credit for the checklists. All I did was compile other people's really good ideas. There are lots of TMOwners contributors that I "stole" this information from, and I want to thank all of them for sharing their ideas. The list would be far to long to individually commend each one -- but you'll recognize yourself when you see the ideas.

There are 8 individual checklists, and I'll post them 1 at a time as an attachment. The 8 checklists include:

1. Weight and Specification (a quick way to figure out how much weight you can load. You'll have to change this for your own combination. Mine is for a Toyota 4-runner & TM 3023)
2. Towing & Hitch Checklist
3. Setup
4. Teardown (Pretrip)
5. Teardown (collapsing unit)
6. Equippage & initial inventory
7. Trailmanor Tips
8. Trailmanor improvements.

I'll attach #1 to this posting (others will follow). If I got something wrong, let me know & I'll make changes.

Ed

Old 08-08-2003, 10:26 AM   #2
efelker

Default Re:Checklist (Part 1)

Here is checklist 5 (Teardown Collapse unit).

Old 08-08-2003, 10:27 AM   #3
efelker

Messed up -- here is checklist 2
Old 08-08-2003, 10:32 AM   #4
efelker

Checklist 3 (Setup) I have a version of this with graphics; however, that file size was too large to atch. If you want it, send me an email from the members list.

Ed
Old 08-08-2003, 10:35 AM   #5
efelker

Checklist 4 (Teardown Pretrip).
Old 08-08-2003, 10:35 AM   #6
efelker

Checklist 6 (Equippage & initial inventory).

I had a few errors in this checklist. I updated it on 12 Aug, and posted a new version below.
Old 08-08-2003, 10:36 AM   #7
efelker

Checklists 8 (TrailManor Improvements)
Old 08-08-2003, 10:37 AM   #8
efelker

Checklist 7 (Trailmanor Tips)
Old 08-11-2003, 07:31 AM   #9
arknoah

Ed,

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see in checklist three, setup a procedure for leveling the trailer side to side, and then front to back (though front to back is almost too easy to mention). Is it somewhere I didn't look?

These lists are great!
Old 08-11-2003, 08:48 AM   #10
grayghost

:-* ed thanks so much

we just got notified that our trailmanor is at the dealer, so now we are doing paperwork - insurance, loan, etc. and will pick it up next saturday.

what is the average highway speed most folks do. we will be at a field trial in ionia michigan first week-end in october and then have to get to lincoln nebraska by that tuesday, whew! can we make it?????