TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > General TrailManor Topics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-10-2011, 08:12 PM   #1
thebbqguy

Default Trail Manor [vs Casita, Fun Finder, and others]

I have been looking at Casitas, Fun Finders and KZ Sportsmen Classics, but happened across the Trail Manor site. I looked at them and Hi Lo at an RV show a few years back, but they seem to have improved with many more options and fit and finish appears better.

I'm going to the 2011 Super Show at the Tampa Fairgrounds this weekend. I hope there are some Trail Manors there so my wife and I can compare it to the KZ Sportsmen Classics

Based on the websites, it seems like a clear cut choice, but there is no substitute for the up close and personal evaluation.

The 2720SL appears to fit the bill perfectly. Time will tell.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #2
Scott O

As I understand it, HiLo has gone out of business. Keep us posted as to what you find and your opinions of the TM...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:38 AM   #3
scrubjaysnest
TrailManor Master

Default Tm 2720 sl

We looked at those you mentioned and the TM won out after spending 6 months in our 10 year old pop-up.
And yes a dealer in Helena MT was closing out their Hi Lo's and said they had gone out of business.

mods: 2- 100 watt solar panels, on roof, 300 watts portable

“They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
scrubjaysnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:58 AM   #4
tgpmd1
TrailManor Master

Our 2720SL is perfect for us. Let us know if you go with a TM. Happy shopping!
Prodigy Brake Controller
2.5" Factory Lift Kit
15" Dexstar Wheels
15" Karrier Loadstar Tires w/TR-416 Stems
Bill's Screen Door kit
And a host of other mods...

14 y.o. 'Sasha' (aka 'Miss Kitty), started fostering 12/24/10 and adopted 3/15/11

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tgpmd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:59 AM   #5
ng2951

Personally, I think the 3124 is the best all around RV in the pop-up lines. The reason for that is that you have that extra storage under the king bed.

The only thing you have to be OK with is setting everything up and knocking everything down. You cannot just leave everything in the RV and go. Also the refers are smaller than the upright RVs...
Old 01-11-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
knoxjere

Default Small refer

That is my biggest complaint about the TM. I know there is not a good solution because of the nature of the TM, which is what we love about it! We are going to the Everglades for 13 days, our first boondocking adventure, so we will see how we do with the small refer!
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee I6/w/tow package
Prodigy 2 brake controller
Eaz-Lift 1000 lb WDH
After market heavy duty cooling fan
After Market heavy duty transmission cooler
McKesh Mirrors
knoxjere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
thebbqguy

That's a shame about Hi Lo. I know some loyal Hi Lo customers who will be bummed out to hear that. They've had three Hi Lo TTs through the years an swear by them.

I definitely lean toward Trail Manor, but cost is also a minor factor. I'm the kind of person that likes to buy new vs. used. If I'm spending my hard earned money I want the scratches and scrapes to be mine. I have a hard time buying other peoples scratches and scrapes. It drives my wife crazy, but I'm afraid it's starting to rub off on her too.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

There are good, clean used TM's out there. When we bought our 1997 in 2003, it looked almost like new. It looked like the owners had used it less than 10 times (if that). Sure there were a couple of dings/dents, but they're going to happen anyway. We bought our first new car, a Honda Accord, in 2001. The second day we had it we were driving under some eucalyptus trees and a nut fell on the hood, leaving a ding in the hood. So much for our brand new, immaculate car. It lasted two days .
Old 01-11-2011, 08:34 PM   #9
thebbqguy

I'll look at a used one, but it needs to be the next best thing to new.
Old 01-11-2011, 09:04 PM   #10
flashpoint

35k for a new trailmanor.............no thanks........I picked up a one owner 94 that spent its entire life stored inside when not in use for $1500....same exact layout,same fridge, sink, toilet,table,shower ect ect.........figure I have $33,500 for upgrades.....Ill take the scatches and keep 30k in the bank!....my opinion.