TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #18
moaboy

Bill,
If you re- read my brief post you"ll see I did not express an opinion, I simply asked a question. Did not mean for anyone to feel they needed to be defensive or engage in a Socratic debate about truth and opinion.
One of the two basic tenants of the TM company is that a TM is lightweight, thus allowing for more "flexibility" in TVs. (The other being its compactness, thus allowing more "convenience" in storage.) One can agree with that or not.
I would suggest that "the proof is in the pudding" and that a number of owners have successfully pulled TM's with vehicles rated at 3500lbs for a number of years. That is one of the reasons that sold me was when the TM rep at the Hershey RV show, showed me his Chrysler minivan that he used to tow a 2720 all over the country.
Part of the fun of this Forum is that one can express their opinion, debate whether they think it is has substance and make a judgement accordingly. An opinion may be informed or not. My sense is that opinions tend to become
more authoritative when they are grounded in facts like Mr. Adventures
formulas and as he has pointed out, one's actual experience.