TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Towing and Hitching
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 09-09-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
Mr. Adventure
TrailManor Master

Default Prodigy Brake Controller Adventure

I had an unscheduled adventure last week with the Prodigy which may be of potential interest to other Prodigy owners. After hitching, the .c. display on the controller looked normal and the manual brake lever actuated the trailer brakes with the expected voltage.

But the trailer was feeling noticeably heavy on the stops. After driving 30 miles or so, I was checking things, and found that the connector at the back of the Prodigy wasn't plugged all the way in. I hadn't noticed, but the .c. display had not been changing to voltage numbers when applying the brake.

This situation was the same as if the signal from the brake pedal was not connected. The trailer brakes were not actuating because the controller wasn't being told I was braking. Now there's one more important check to make after hitching up: "Do you get numbers on the Prodigy when you step on the brake?"

And now that I have some practice driving without trailer brakes, I can speak from experience in not recommending it.
Prodigy brake controller.

"It's not how fast you can go, it's how fast you can stop an RV that counts."
Mr. Adventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:16 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Thank you for this information!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote