TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 06-29-2004, 06:55 PM   #1
hal

Default necessary clutter

Among the more unpleasant tasks that I recall from our tent trailering days was setting up the extra things that made life more enjoyable in the traile, such things as extra lighting, shelves, suitcases, tv, table lamp etc. I think you get the picture. After a long day on the road, I would have to fight these items as the lay in the way on the floor, couch or wherever. The sooner I got to sit and relax, all the better. We wanted to sit and relax more quickly and not rebuild the trailer at each stop. After a while, it was just not worth the time it took to "rebuild" the trailer so some of these “conveniences” were left at home.

Being ever on the lookout for ways to improve the TrailManor has caused us to fall into the that same trap. So we began to evaluate conveniences as to how convenient they actually are. We realized that before lowering the trailer for travel, we would also have to dismantle and store these many things. Anything that could be attached permanantly got top priority with us.

How many of you attach a strip hanger for clothes over the hall-way side of the bathroom wall? After about the 100th time of installing and unstalling this necessary apparatus I began to look for a simpler way. What could be simpler than just not using it in the first place?

Well..... if you look carefully at the bathroom wall, after it is folded down over the tub and toilet, there is enough clearance for a permantly attached hanger strip. As the wall is folded, this hanger should able to be placed (permantly is the word) between the sink and the toilet.

Hooray, that means 60 seconds more time that I get to sit and relax for the day. If you use this idea, you should clamp your strip hanger to the wall and lower it to insure that it clears all obstructions.

Hal
Old 06-29-2004, 09:08 PM   #2
Red

Default Re:necessary clutter

Hello Hal,
What is a strip hanger? Would you send a pic. if possible?
Thanks in advance,
Red
Old 06-29-2004, 09:21 PM   #3
hal

You probably know what a strip hanger is. I am just giving a fancy name to something that is better known by another name. It is a long (2-4 foot) board that has pegs in it for hanging clothes ( coats, hats, pants, etc) on it. You probably hung your lunch box and coat on it in the cloak room when you were in grade school.

Hal
Old 06-30-2004, 06:46 AM   #4
Red

Got it!...no need for a pic. Good idea BTW.
Red