TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > How to and Modifications
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 05-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #11
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
You did some great mods. I've thought about getting the BAL motors, are you able to lift your rig when leveling?
I added a hanging cloth shelf on my last trip. I can hang stuff on the front side and still hang other folded items in the shelf on the back half of the closet.
We also built a shelf in the tow side of our wardrobe/closet and still have room for hanging clothes towards the rear. This works the best for us.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #12
moneeleann

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
How is the white coat rack/ hook attached to the wall in the 5th phot...the picture with the blue bed? Do you remove it for travel?
The previous owners had another shelf there, not a TM one, that was really heavy. I ditched the shelf, but the brackets are still there. I just slip an over the door hanger into the bracket for the old shelf. Same brackets TM uses. Yes, I slip it out for travel, it slips into one of the drawers.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #13
moneeleann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidkraz View Post
You did some great mods. I've thought about getting the BAL motors, are you able to lift your rig when leveling?
No, the BAL motors aren't heavy duty enough to lift. I tried that first. Ordered just one set and put them on the back. You get maybe a 1/2 inch before it peeters out... So I moved them to the front and got the big guy for the back. Additionally, the BAL motors are REALLY touchy... I installed inline fuses, and have blown three in two trips... Need to order some slow blows.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #14
moneeleann

Quote:
Originally Posted by B_and_D View Post
My hat is off to you and your ability to take 3 small children camping, tow the TM, park it, and do all of these things by yourself, including the mods.

Everything looks great!

Your kids must love the TM, I wish that we'd had ours when the kids were younger. The bathtub must be great to have for the little ones.
Ahh, I can't take all of the credit.... My dad helped me with the wiring for the levelers and such.

Yes, I do take the small ones with my by myself, but I do often camp with my parents. We just all set up at the same time, and I like to do the setup myself, not wait for someone else to help me. I do all of my own driving/towing, as I'm the only one able to do that (my husband is a horrible driver), but I usually have a spotter (my dad or my teenage son).

Sometimes it seems like a lot of effort, but since I'm a teacher, I have the whole summer off with the kids. I really, really want to do fun things with them that they can remember for a lifetime. Sometimes it's crazy, my mom calls our camper the zoo (add in the two housedogs we have, lol), but the kids truly enjoy it, and it's so much better than watching tv all summer.