TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-22-2008, 08:26 PM   #1
connecticut_camper_mark

Default Repairing outside shower hose

How do you repair a leaky outdoor shower hose? The plastic nut that is on the end of the hose that connects to the shower head has a crack line in it. Do I have to replace the whole unit or can I buy just the replacement hose?

Thanks!
Old 04-22-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

I will look at our outdoor shower tomorrow. If it is similar to the one in my last camper you can buy one I think for under 10.00 at Walmart in the plumbing supply and simply replace. Is the plastic nut on the end of the hose of the other end?

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:36 PM   #3
connecticut_camper_mark

Default Repairing outside shower hose

The plastic nut that leaks is at the end of the hose that then connects to the shower head. The big question is if I buy a new hose, then how hard will it be to connect the other hose end that is buried inside the camper somewhere near the tub.

Thanks.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:39 AM   #4
commodor47
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by connecticut_camper_mark View Post
The plastic nut that leaks is at the end of the hose that then connects to the shower head. The big question is if I buy a new hose, then how hard will it be to connect the other hose end that is buried inside the camper somewhere near the tub.

Thanks.
Mark,

That repair is fairly easy. I had a water leak in the cold water hose, where it attaches to the plumbing. Remove the 4 screws holding the shower door assembly in place. Using a utility knife, carefully score the silicone seal between the assembly and the TM body. The assembly should easily slide out. You should then see the hoses running from the cold and hot water faucets and where they connect to the TM plumbing. I used a small wrench to tighten the leaking hose. My unit is closed down at the moment. I will be opening it next week in anticipation of the New England TrailBlazers Spring Rally in N Stonington, CT. I can take a few photos, if that will help.

Dick
Albums
commodor47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:31 AM   #5
2blueranger
Site Sponsor

The shower hose connects right between the hot and cold faucets on the back side of the shower assembly. One of my faucets broke and blew off while I was camping. I ended up going to hardware store and plugged the cold and hot water lines going to the shower until I can either fix or replace the faucet.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:02 AM   #6
Joseph

Default Same problem . . .

connecticut_camper_mark. . .

Had the very same problem this year. Got a replacement hose from Adam at Trailmanor. It is a better hose as it has metal fittings on it. You can also get the hose from other internet sources as it is a standard size. You will have to remove the outside shower assembly from the TM as described in the post from commodor47. It is not hard. Take your time. Clean all the old silicone off before you install the new. There is not a lot of play with the assembly due to the short lenght of the water supply hoses but there is enough to get in there and get the job done.

Good luck and Happy Camping!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:46 PM   #7
connecticut_camper_mark

Default leaky outdoor shower hose

Joseph & Melanie,

Thank you for the reply. I will find a replacement metal hose with fittings and avoid the problem of dealing with plastic hoses/nuts.

Thanks again!!!
Old 11-19-2022, 11:06 AM   #8
Deb Mac
Site Sponsor

I know - old thread but new owner Thanks for this. I have to cut off and replace the hose on mine - very old, very stiff and does not like going in and out of the storage space. Had a bear of a time getting it pulled out to winterize, and could not get the bugger back in. I need to close her up, but can't close the shower door, so can't drop the back end.

Now that I know what's behind the faucet assembly, and how to deal with it, I'll just cut it off, close the door and deal with it in the spring! Or possibly just cut it, cap it with a shut-off valve, and leave it!! I have never used an outdoor shower anyway, and it's just one less thing to have to deal with.
Old 11-19-2022, 04:51 PM   #9
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Mac View Post
I know - old thread but new owner Thanks for this. I have to cut off and replace the hose on mine - very old, very stiff and does not like going in and out of the storage space. Had a bear of a time getting it pulled out to winterize, and could not get the bugger back in.
I agree. The white plastic hose is ridiculously stiff, especially if it is cold. I'm not sure a metal one will be any better. But it is possible to buy a "wimpier" hose, as I had to do a few years ago. I don't remember where I got it, but it was a matter of going down the aisle, pulling every white rubber shower hose off the display hook, then squeezing it and flexing it right there in my hand. I looked in several stores, including a couple big RV stores, before I found one. Fortunately, shower hose fittings are standard - and they are the same diameter and thread on both ends - so when you find the one you want, you can be sure it will fit.

There is the same problem with the big shore power cord. When it is cold, shoving it back into the mouse hole is a challenge. I finally pulled it backward through the mouse hole entirely, and began coiling it up in the small compartment in the left end of the bumper storage area. Worked much better! Some South Dakota-built TMs have a removable cord. I don't like it much, but at least there is no mouse hole problem.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2022, 02:33 PM   #10
Kmikesell
TrailManor Master

Ah spring.... When all those projects need to get done! Thanks for reviving this post
DH/DW 2018 Ford F-150
North Utah
Kmikesell is offline   Reply With Quote