TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Owners Community > Prospective Owner Questions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2014, 02:02 PM   #1
dallen1x

Default Customize interior?

I've been doing some looking into the TM line (missed out on one at an auction) and I have some questions.
Can the floor plan be changed by a DIY'r?

1) I like the 3225 & the 3326, with the front slide, but would rather have the double couch / dinette setup (length wise) in the front instead of the single couch (sideways).

2) Also, has anyone removed the dinette that's by the door in these units and moved the stovetop over there? I'm looking to get a larger living room area out of this.

3) Can the bathroom & wardrobe (along with the kitchen) be moved forward by a foot or so? I'm not looking forward to crawling over the DW or laying length wise and scooting to the foot of the bed to get out. I'm wondering if I can make it into a partial walk around?

Thanks for any input.
Old 03-25-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
TrailManorMan
TrailManor Master

Actually with time and money anyone can do most anything, that said, the quick answer is: NO it would not be practical for the bathroom and kitchen to be moved.

2012 Chevy Traverse 2009.5 TrailManor 2720 with cassette toilet modification. Cat scale weight 3980 lbs. full tanks

"Retractable hard side camper", way more than a pop up

2020 has 28 nights reserved and planning more.
TrailManorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
hillbillyhotel
TrailManor Master

just a fyi,
was there not some models made a yr or so ago with bath up front? and things moved around?

RANDY & VICKIE
2003 3124 KS
TV 02 AVALANCHE 2500 4X4 8.1L
W/ PRODIGY B.C.,MAXXIS 10 PLY,HONDA 3000I

TM HISTORY
(88) TM 25 KING, (91) TM 23,(98) 3023, (03) 3124KS
hillbillyhotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
moaboy

You may want to consider spending more time in the different models. You might find one that works well for you wo significant modifications. The modifications you talk about would not be very cost effective especially the bathroom mods. There are a growing number of models with king size beds that give one more flexibility and less need for the famous "crawlover" which for us is less of an issue.
Good luck, all in all TM's offer many advantages for a towable RV.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallen1x View Post
I've been doing some looking into the TM line (missed out on one at an auction) and I have some questions.
Can the floor plan be changed by a DIY'r? I like the 3225 & the 3326, with the front slide, but would rather have the double couch / dinette setup (length wise) in the front instead of the single couch (sideways).
Once you have gotten a slide model, I suppose you can do anything you want with the stuff on the slide. But you cannot convert a slide model into a non-slide (or vice versa). Stick with the basic structure, and go from there.

Quote:
2) Also, has anyone removed the dinette that's by the door in these units and moved the stovetop over there? I'm looking to get a larger living room area out of this.
You can certainly remove the dinette. Moving the stove is something else. The stove itself is not particularly rigid, and needs some cabinetry to hold it in place and in shape. And of course you would have to move the gas plumbing to the new location - not necessarily a big deal if you are accustomed to working with copper gas line.

Quote:
3) Can the bathroom & wardrobe (along with the kitchen) be moved forward by a foot or so? I'm not looking forward to crawling over the DW or laying length wise and scooting to the foot of the bed to get out. I'm wondering if I can make it into a partial walk around?
This would be a much bigger deal, in that you would have to move the bathroom plumbing. The fresh water lines run in a channel under the floor, so you would be faced with relocating the pipes above the floor. And the drain plumbing is closely fitted under the TM - and the underside of a TM is a very busy place. I don't think you could do this.

Making mods to any trailer, including a TM, is not like making mods to a stick-built house. In an RV, everything is designed and built with everything else in mind. When you disturb one thing, it has far-reaching consequences. You might be looking at a jigsaw puzzle and thinking "I'd like to move that third row one space to the left." Seems simple. Tough to do.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:50 PM   #6
dallen1x

Sorry, a little background would help.

I've gone through the progression of:
Sleeping in the back of a full size Chevy Blazer to....
Tent....
Slide in truck camper...
35' fifth wheel....

We used the 5'r after doing a rebuild (kitchen floor, cabinets, counter tops, stove, new A/C, bathroom tear out, wall repair, flip the axles, complete ceiling from end to end, new vinyl end to end, etc.) on a 5000mi trip and had a blast. My older kids call it 'Dads' rock trip' due to seeing things like the Grand Canyon, Meteor crater, Pikes Peak, Mt. Rushmore, Yellowstone, etc.

A little work on an RV is ok if the price is right.
I don't have a TM nearby to do the initial look to see if things like the bathroom vent or fridge vent will prevent anything from being moved.
Water line and copper line plumbing work are ok with me. I'm good with those wrench thingies.
Old 03-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #7
mjlaupp
Site Sponsor

You asked for a 3326 mod. Delete dinette. Here tis:

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ad.php?t=11144

2013 Jayco Eagle Premier 351RLTS 5er - Honda 2000i x2 w ext. run tank

2017 F350 King Ranch ultimate CCLB SRW 6.7L V8 TD Fx4 BakFlip F1 & BakBox

TM History: '97 2720, '02 2720SL, '03 2720SL, '04 3326K. 2001 - 2012 yrs owned.

1990 Isuzu Trooper II 283 V6
mjlaupp is offline   Reply With Quote