TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Camping & Lifestyle > Camping Stories
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 04-21-2013, 11:46 AM   #1
ChillEDog

Default First Trip Report 2619

After years of web browsing, reviewing makes & models, realizing that no upright trailer would fit under my carport and not wanting a popup tent, I discovered TrailManor, and about the same time found a 2007 2619 for sale near me. Within about ten minutes of viewing the unit I knew I wanted it.

Around a month after the purchase, we had our first trip scheduled, to Eisenhower State Park in north Texas. Intended Friday morning departure, time off scheduled, camper/TV/bike rack & bikes all ready to go Thursday night. Everything in place, but of course work kept me from departing until around 6pm Fri evening.

We got to the park as quickly as possible, but it was dark by the time we got to our campsite. They gave us one with quite an incline, near the facilities (nice) but also near the dump holding (not).

So it’s Friday night, well past nine, the DW is having a kidney stone episode, and I’m trying to get systems functioning. Translation: the toilet. Because DW has been drinking a LOT of water. That took at least an hour (seems the regulator had a blockage). Finally get water resolved. Time to charge the toilet. Chempak instructions say: 2 packages into the toilet, then 3 gal water. Let me tell you, the chemicals darn near asphyxiated me. Was like snorting ammonia. Had to step outside the bathroom for air.

Got toilet working (MAJOR confidence boost). After half-hour search for the electric water heater switch, hot water working (very hot, nice!). All lights ok. A/C super powerful, and cold. Refrigerator seems to finally be cooling. My worries about systems not working gone, everything seems in good shape.

To bed. Not sleeping well at all. Like sleeping on the side of a mountain. And the rooftop a/c unit is like a tornado. Around 2am I seem to feel the trailer shifting. Realize I forgot to chock. THAT will get your attention. Step outside, the air smells fantastic, put some chocks in place. In the morning I realize I also forgot to level. Hence the mountain-side sensation. Got us leveled, using cordless drill technique (thanks trailmanorowners.com), what a difference that makes.

Saturday, feeling pretty ragged from lack of sleep, but we’re camping in our new TM so we’re pretty happy. DW feeling better too. She tries the shower, reports it’s a-ok, good news indeed (if the wife likes it…). Toilet seems to be working as advertised, no odor issues, all good. Coffee never tasted better. DW fixes fantastic bacon+egg breakfast on TM stove. A few blunders but we are making progress.

The day flies by. Spend the day re-arranging, figuring out what goes where, a nap for DW, trip to Wal-Mart for me (nightlight, spices, Jimmy Buffet CD, all the things we forgot) We walk around the campground once or twice (we find our beloved TM is small potatoes compared to some of these units, but we still love it. And it’s paid for…). I start to install new curtains from factory (more of a chore than anticipated, only got one done). That evening, steaks, salmon, grilled asparagus, all on the campsite grill. A fire going, the TM with exterior lights, no unresolved issues. We are camping now. And it is as enjoyable as we’d hoped, even with the blunders.

Sunday, we have breakfast, I take a quick trip on the new mountain bike, we drive around the park, spotting another TM (2720 SL I think). Time to start packing up, more work than setup it seems. Trip home uneventul.

Now the interesting part... I have an alley, carport, dips and inclines, telephone poles and fences, limited space. Challenging constraints for parking a TM. Had tried backing in several times, ended up positioning by hand. (A strong young son helps.) Per a post from happybeebob, I got a front-mounted hitch + extension to be able to push the TM into place. After a few false steps, I got the TM in place, and I mean perfectly. The front hitch definitely does the job!

So, from fairly late Friday night until Sunday departure, we learned a ton about the TM, we had some fun, we enjoyed some music and good food. Not the smoothest trip but successful, all things considered, and we loved every minute.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130413_093049.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	307.7 KB
ID:	8270   Click image for larger version

Name:	20130413_200541.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	8271  
ChillEDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Congratulations! It will only get better and better!

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 01:51 PM   #3
LoveToCamp
TrailManor Master

Thanks for sharing! Wondered why it felt like you were sleeping on the side of a mountain. Didn't even think about forgetting to level! Oops!

Very glad you enjoyed it. Our 2417 is a midget next to some rigs in National Parks, but we sure like ours, also.
LoveToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:46 PM   #4
countrygirl
TrailManor Master

Some on here use a motorized dolly and it seems to help with positioning the TM in tight areas.

We park ours under a canopy in the back yard and use a hitch on the front to get it back there.

We replaced the tires on the TM July 2017 I will update when I have time to get the specs

What's new...we went to all LED lighting and love them.

New 3/25/16 two new horizontal propane tanks.
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:48 PM   #5
ShrimpBurrito
Site Sponsor

In our first night camping in a public campground, we pull in at dark to a private RV park in Massachusetts. Sites are poorly marked, poorly cleared of vegetation, and well, just poor. But we needed to get off the road to get some sleep. It was POURING rain, with a little mix of lightning to make things exciting. Humid as all get out....Florida humid. Did I mention it was dark?

It probably took us 2 hours to get setup......

Dave
ShrimpBurrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #6
FujiPedaler

Wink Here's another story.

So, we are on our first extended trip from Minnesota to New Mexico and Utah.

We are doing just fine untill we stop in to Ute Lake State Park New Mexico, just over the eastern border.

Really nice state park and eletectric and water for $18.00 per night. Temp is about 87, so we start the process of set up and get to the final leveling and I just am not getting it right and I am hot. I decide to pull over to another more level spot (lots to choose from). Did I mention the 25 plus mph cross winds all day across Oklahoma and Texas panhandle.

As I start the set I look north and the entire horizon is dark and moving rapidly toward us. I get it level and almost done and the storm hits us so we jump inside.

The dust storm hits with wind gust well over 50mph. DW is putting towels and tape everyware to stem the dust from getting in. The trailmanor is shaking violently from side to side and up and down, as we wonderred if we were going to servive.

The next morning my wife discovers that I had left the diver's window open on our 4Runner so now the inside gray color is rust red. Only took about an hour to vacum up most of the dust that sticks to everything.

The Ranger told us that the storm was worse than any storm during the "Dust Bowl" and they haven't had any rain for 3 years.

We washed the sheets and pillow cases today and continued to mop up from the dust.
FujiPedaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
Pine 3

We love our 2619. We noticed how others are Hugh. We have plenty of room.
Our 1rst night was when we picked ours up. It was almost dark so we didn't want to try it at a campsight. So we went to the 1rst wall mart. Just opened it up and slept in it.

Then the next night we stopped early and took our time. We had quite an audience watching us set her up. It was fun!

We hope you continue to enjoy yours.
Old 05-03-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
HIKERZ
TrailManor Master

i think after you have it for a while and estabalish a rountine that works for both of you the setup will flow smoothly (rechecking others aor is acceptable)
Old 05-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #9
ChillEDog

Pine3, I enjoyed reading about your first-time 2619 experience, and thank you for your kind wishes. Likewise.

Thanks everyone for sharing their first-time experience. So fun to read - there were some real doozies. My miss-steps come off as pretty lame !

Best to all and thanks again.
ChillEDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:40 PM   #10
Redtail Cruiser
TrailManor Master

Hi All,

Just thought that I would share our first outing with our new (to us) 2720. We decided to try someplace fairly local and chose Joshua Tree National Park and after reading about the different campgrounds there, we picked Indian Cove. So the day comes to leave and we're both battling a slight case of food poisoning from some take-out food from two days earlier, but we had been looking forward to our maiden voyage so much, having been all packed up for over a week already, we decided to go anyway.

I really appreciated the low profile of our TM because the winds were whipping up pretty good on the drive out there. Big rigs were changing lanes without meaning to. So after only two pit stops to deal with the food poisoning we made it to our destination, only to find out the sight we picked should probably had been designated a tent sight only. It had huge boulders separating the vehicle parking area from the actual campsite. The website clearly indicated it was for RV's up to 30 ft. I got to test my trailer parking skills on my first trip. Only took me about 15 minutes to shoe horn parallel park our TM into the vehicle parking area so we wouldn't be facing the road and give us a wind break ( no awning used on that trip). Got the barbeque fired up to cook dinner and hear comes the dust storm. Food was a little gritty, but tasted good anyway. Long story short we got rained on the next morning and the wind persisted the whole day, but we stuck it out and had a reasonably good time. We figure if we enjoyed "that" camping trip we will absolutely enjoy the next one. LOL

"A man creates his own legacy. Create a legendary life"
Redtail Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote