TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
hingarfi

Default TM3023 2004 Toilet Question/Problem

It's been a while since I posted here on TMO but in the past, I have received great answers so here is my current question. On the recirculating toilet, the inside pull valve no longer seals the toilet from the drain pipe below. ie if I close the inside valve and charge the toilet, then go outside and open the black water valve, the toilet drains (slowly). My diagnosis is that a piece of toilet paper may be keeping the inside valve from closing completely. (just a guess since it feels like it is not closing completely). So, I am seeking advice on a possible fix. Would there be any chance of adding some chemical that would "dissolve" the tissue? Is it a monumental task to tear apart these toilets? Any other clever idea? TIA for any advice.
BTW, I have logged about 40K miles since I bought in 2004. Fantastic trailer. It has been up and down the Rocky Mountains and 5 trips from Texas to NS Canada (we basically live in it for 2 months in Canada) Various Texas WE trips including Padre Island National Seashore. Had a blown tire at 60 MPH without mishap. (my fault for not replacing the inadequate rubber valve stems on the original tires). New rim, two tires and 3 steel valve stems and all has been fine since. No other big failures. Just the usual loose screws, stove coming loose, slow leak in under-sink plumbing. All in all a great experience.
Cheers
Old 05-18-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
wmtire

Hey Bert, the same thing happened to mine. Most likely, it's the EZ slide valve rubber gasket. Check out the following forum, especially post #4 from Bill about it. I still haven't ever fixed mine yet.

http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...ead.php?t=7117
Old 05-18-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
hingarfi

Default Thanks Bobby

I guess I need to re-subscribe to read that thread.
Bert
Old 05-19-2009, 06:45 PM   #4
rlsherer

Default Stuck Valve

I had the same problem with my Thetford Electra Magic RV80 model. The product ID label is on the front of the main housing. The seal in the Slide-EZ valve became defective and would not allowed the slide to close. I replace the entire slide valve. However, the following year, the seal in the new unit became defective. I found out that you can order just the seals and rebuilt the valve. This was at a great savings and the job was simple. That was last year and it is still working. If you do not have the information that came with the trailer, the parts lists and installation instructions are on the Thetford web site at www.thetford.com. The installation was ok, but you may have to make your own tool to pull out the slide in the brackets that holds the toilet and keeps it from moving on the floor. A little trick is to remove the cover/bowl assy so that you can align the main housing to the drain. I just replace the cover/bowl assy due to two cracks in the cover. Still cheaper than buying a new unit. You also can call their service/parts info at 1 800-521-3032.

Hopes this helps. Ralph