TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-02-2006, 01:50 PM   #1
jimwilly

Default Bed in a TM3023

I'm sure this sounds rather elementary for current TM campers but here goes. I just purchased a 2003 - 3023TM. Due to family illness we have not been able to camp and have only been able to open the TM once to put in basics. However, I do have two rather simple questions:

1 - I was unable to retract the step after closing the TM. Commom sense tellm me I should have closed the steps before closing the TM. Am I right or wrong?

2 - Question about the couch/bed. I have previously been using a pop-up and the particular pop-up we had used the table top to form the bed. YOu simply lifted it from the hinges and dropped it down to rest on the sides of the two opposing sofas. when we had the TM opened I noticed the table top was narrower than the lip of the opposing sofas. My question, obviously, is how do the two couches turn into a third bed?

I know these are probably very simple to you experienced TM users. Any help would be appreciated.

JimWilly
2003 3023TM
jimwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

JimWilly -

If it is like the couch in my 2720SL, the table is not involved. You grab the front edge of the couch, lift slightly, and pull it toward you. It slides out away from the wall on rails. The couch's back cushion drops down flat behind it, to complete the bed.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
aldebnj

You do not use the table top to make the bed and a gap remains between the sofa bed and the curbside sofa when the bed is made. The sofa bed is more like a futon. I hope this helps.

Al
Old 02-02-2006, 04:39 PM   #4
jimwilly

Default Bed 3023

I suspected that I goofed with the steps. I suppose practice will cure that problem!

Regarding the bed. Did not think of the sofa sliding out from the wall. Makes plenty of sense. Can't wait until we can take the TM out for a trial run. I'm sure my questions have now been answered.

Thanks for all th help.

Jim
jimwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:39 PM   #5
Bill
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Camper
How do you sleep 6 ?....
Think Goldilocks. Two BIG bears in the rear bed, two MEDIUM bears in the front bed, and two BABY bears in the couch/bed.

Our son, about 6'-1", slept OK in the couch/bed of our 2720SL, but he admitted the next day that he had to sleep diagonally - it was too short to stretch out straight.

Bill
Old 02-03-2006, 11:08 AM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Leon -

What a blast from the past! My Dad had two Nash Ambassadors in a row, a '49 that I barely remember, and a '55. Both of them let you fold the front seat all the way back flat, so that the front and rear seats made into one big bed! A wonderful thing for family camping, or long trips on the then-crummy roads across the country. Good as it was, though, the self-appointed "moral" people in the country forced Nash to abandon that idea.

Bill
Old 02-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #7
YWORRYDOG
Site Sponsor

I had a 57 as a teenager and no morals
YWORRYDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
camp2canoe

I may be digressing, but our family car from 1949 to 1963 was also a '49 Nash. If you ever get a chance to look at an owner's manual for a '49, the illustrations for the folding bed are straight out to the twilight zone - it certainly looked big enough to park our TM2619 on. Again I'll be dating myself, but I put myself through law school working on the assembly line at American Motors lakefront plant. - Camp2Canoe