TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-30-2004, 05:26 AM   #1
live2shopnc

Default Tub replacement/support

I am going to have my tub replaced next week because of the crack in it. Dealer will replace it under warrenty. Has anyone ever seen under the tub---can we add a support under the back end of it to help prevent the new one from having the same problem. Anyone else had a prob. with their tub cracking or did I just get a bad one?
Thanks Ed
Old 09-30-2004, 06:57 AM   #2
CMP4fun

Ed,

I can't offer any help, as I'm a new TM owner. Pick up 2619 today new.

But I would love to see pictures of tub removed (and any changes you make) and hear what you end up doing.

Thanks in advance,
Ginger
Old 09-30-2004, 07:30 AM   #3
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2shopnc
I am going to have my tub replaced next week because of the crack in it. Dealer will replace it under warrenty. Has anyone ever seen under the tub---can we add a support under the back end of it to help prevent the new one from having the same problem. Anyone else had a prob. with their tub cracking or did I just get a bad one?
Thanks Ed
No problems for me in 3 seasons usage (around 75 days of camping)...and I use my TM's shower every day I'm traveling/camping. My weight's in the upper mid-ranges for a guy too...around 195.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 07:57 AM   #4
Cateye
Cateye

Default Vibration

This was very likely caused by vibrations resulting from an out of balance tire. Make sure that you get your tires spin balanced!
2003 2720SL
1999 Grand Cherokee, 4.7L V8
Quadradrive
Factory Towing Pkg.
Cateye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 12:10 PM   #5
amp17408

Has anyone ever installed any kind of holder for the shower head so you don't have to hold the hose and try to shower with one hand?
Old 09-30-2004, 01:23 PM   #6
Bill
Site Team

Location: The mountains of Scottsdale, AZ, and the beaches of Maine

There have been several - the first and certainly among the best by Hal a couple years ago. It is in the archives at
http://www.trailmanorowners.com/foru...read.php?t=948 I'm not sure if the photo is still there, but I bet Hal would send you one. Anyway, everyone should have one of these, in my humble opinion - it is a wonderful device.

Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 03:46 PM   #7
paul street

Default Just checked

The picture is not there any longer.

Does anyone have a copy from before the board eliminated it?

Thanks
Old 09-30-2004, 04:57 PM   #8
RockyMtnRay
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Anyway, everyone should have one of these, in my humble opinion - it is a wonderful device.

Bill
Sorry Bill, but as "Mr. Boondocker", I'll have to politely but strongly disagree with that "everyone" part. I would never even consider installing a hands free device in my TM for the simple reason that it greatly increases the amount of water needed for a shower. Using the hand wand allows the spray to be efficiently directed down specific body surfaces thereby making possible a complete body rinse off at a very low flow rate and in a minimal time so water use is as little as possible. When I shower in my TM, it's critical that I never use more than one gallon total . Keeping water use to a minimum is hugely important when both the closest water source and dump station are often literally miles away. When camping I try very hard to limit water consumption for all purposes to under 6 gallons a day. I even went so far as to put 1 gallon marks on the side of the fresh water tank so I can precisely monitor water usage.

For those of us who exclusively or nearly exclusively boondock (my TM has been hooked to a water source exactly twice in 3 years), IMHO a hands free device for the shower head is both useless and a bad idea as it causes/encourages way too much water use.

I use my TM as a base camp for hiking, kayaking, mountain biking, and climbing Colorado's 14ers

The Trailer: 2002 TM Model 2720SL ( Mods: Solar Panels (170 Watts), Dual T-105 Batteries, Electric Tongue Jack, Side AC, Programmable Thermostat, Doran TP Monitor System)

The Tow Vehicle: 2003 Toyota Tundra V8 SR5 4X4 w/Tow Package (Towing & Performance Mods: JBA Headers, Gibson Muffler, 4.30 gears, Michelin LTX M/S Tires, Prodigy Brake Controller, Transmission Temperature Gauge)

RockyMtnRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 04:59 PM   #9
B_and_D
Site Sponsor

Here's our version...just used fishing line. Also can be used as a place to hang towels and washcloths to dry.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:18 PM   #10
hal

Default Hands free shower head.

I would be happy to send the information pertaining to our Hands free shower head. IMHO, we use even less water with our HFSH (plus time spent lookng for the shower head which is somewhere on the floor) as compared to the procedure of soaping and rinsing without it. Before we created this device, we tried to hold the shower head in one hand and the soap in the other. We needed a third hand to turn the water on or off during the soaping/rinsing process. Then, if we set the shower head down on the floor or dropped the bar of soap, we found either to be quite elusive. I would bet that we conserve more water using this gadget because both hands are free to soap and to turn the head back on for the rinse cycle. Both the soap and the shower head are always in the same place.

If you would like a copy of this information, please send your email address to me at [email protected]. It really does work.

Hal