TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2021, 11:47 PM   #1
BaconLover

Default Moving Wardrobe Over

Hi all - first time poster here. We are seriously looking at a 2922KB, and I have so many questions, but I’ll start with this one. I see that the wardrobe cabinet can be removed from the track. Is there any issue with keeping it, but sliding it down towards the oven/door on the counter? I see that it would cover up one of the windows, but I was wondering if it would be stable enough to just sit on the counter without being attached to the track and you could still open the door and not have the cabinet move around too much.

I ask because my husband is 6’4”, so his legs will hang off the king bed, so I wanted to see if we could make more room for him (which means more room for me ;-), but still use the cabinet. Otherwise he could just sleep in the middle of the bed and have his legs hang off in the aisle, but then I would be stuck closer to the wall. Plus, it’s bad enough that he can’t stand up straight in half the trailer, so I want to give him something for his trouble. :-). Thanks.

I’m hoping that we’ll buy this trailer over the next month, and then I’ll gladly join as a site sponsor. This forum and the people on it are awesome!
BaconLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 07:26 AM   #2
ThePair
TrailManor Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaconLover View Post
Hi all - first time poster here. We are seriously looking at a 2922KB, and I have so many questions, but I’ll start with this one. I see that the wardrobe cabinet can be removed from the track. Is there any issue with keeping it, but sliding it down towards the oven/door on the counter? I see that it would cover up one of the windows, but I was wondering if it would be stable enough to just sit on the counter without being attached to the track and you could still open the door and not have the cabinet move around too much.

I ask because my husband is 6’4”, so his legs will hang off the king bed, so I wanted to see if we could make more room for him (which means more room for me ;-), but still use the cabinet. Otherwise he could just sleep in the middle of the bed and have his legs hang off in the aisle, but then I would be stuck closer to the wall. Plus, it’s bad enough that he can’t stand up straight in half the trailer, so I want to give him something for his trouble. :-). Thanks.

I’m hoping that we’ll buy this trailer over the next month, and then I’ll gladly join as a site sponsor. This forum and the people on it are awesome!
If you have weight in the cabinet, and maybe add some non-slide pads to the bottom if needed, it will likely sit just fine. The track keeps it from sliding side-to-side, true, but the front-back is unaffected if you remove it from the track. Keep in mind that putting it into the aisle for folding/transport will require more strength, as will lifting it back into position, as you won't be able to leverage off the track, so that may limit the amount of weight you'd want to put in there.

Personally, ours was so loaded I doubt it would slide anywhere even if detached. I would only add non-slip pads after I tried it out.

If you have the so-called "microwave shelf" which fills in the counter between the "normal, rear" position of the wardrobe and the stove counter, you could switch and put that next to the bed and slide the wardrobe all the way forward. You're now trading off kitchen counter space for rear space/sleeping overhang space, but that'll help to make sure the wardrobe doesn't have any place to slide. It would also let you stack some pillows there so maybe his feet would have something to rest upon, and not just hang in the air. The extra drawer might be nice to have, too.
ThePair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:07 AM   #3
Shane826
TrailManor Master

Im also 6’4”, and we have a 3326 with the king bed. A couple notes...

The bed is 78”x78”, which is 6’6”. If I push my pillows all the way up to the rear wall, I can just barely not fully stretch out all the way.

If I really want to lay straight as an arrow, I just let my feet hang off the bed into the “hallway”. But I usually don’t sleep fully stretched out.

I say this only because the wardrobe is such a cool piece of engineering I hate to see you move it. As it is, my wife can lift and slide it easily with a full load of clothes inside. If you take it off the slide/hinge, will you have to empty it out every time you want to move it? We hang our clothes, so when it’s time to roll to the next place we push the clothes all to the left and then lay the wardrobe down. Everything stays perfectly on the hangers.

Long story short, make sure you REALLY need to move the wardrobe off the slide/hinge before you do so.
SMARTER THAN GOOGLE!
Shane826 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 11:05 PM   #4
BaconLover

Thanks to both of you for replying. That’s really helpful. It’s nice to know that the track really helps with the weight of the clothes. We can try it with him being more in the middle of the bed. That bed is so wide that it will probably be fine. I can’t seem to find any pictures of what that microwave shelf looks like. I will post another thread to see if anyone can post a picture. Thanks.
BaconLover is offline   Reply With Quote