TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Plumbing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2019, 06:59 AM   #1
FlyboyTR

Default The Perfect Shower Hose Replacement

I am currently doing a number of upgrades in preparation for a 4 week trip, leaving in 3 days! Anyway, part of that was a new shower faucet...which focused me to take a closer look at the unruly shower hose. I greatly disliked how stiff the shower hose was. I looked at a number of different ones, some were heavy and some were way more flexible than the typical plastic/vinyl shower hose.

I took a chance and ordered one from Amazon...actually the only one with the word "flexible" in the title. This thing is like a wet noodle. Also, the shorter length is perfect. LOVE IT. I am now in control of the shower head instead of the stiff hose.

When I installed the shower faucet I put the discharge outlet on the bottom (instead of the top). For the sake of shower curtains/mods the bottom exit worked much better for me. And... the Oxygenics shower head will still reach the ceiling!

https://www.amazon.com/OLEAH-Ultra-F...52&s=hi&sr=1-4
Old 04-24-2019, 01:43 PM   #2
oldstick
TrailManor Master

One of the best changes you could make, you won't regret it. And if you ever have a need to work on the outside shower, do the same with that hose. Doubly so. You will see what I mean when trying to snake the factory hose in and out of the wall. The slinky types make that a LOT easier.
oldstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
FlyboyTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldstick View Post
One of the best changes you could make, you won't regret it. And if you ever have a need to work on the outside shower, do the same with that hose. Doubly so. You will see what I mean when trying to snake the factory hose in and out of the wall. The slinky types make that a LOT easier.
LOL...Yes, I tried that today. ...What's up with that!? Next to impossible to get out and impossible to get back in. I will be replacing that one as well! Thanks!
Old 10-15-2020, 07:52 AM   #4
FlyboyTR

My original link for this hose is no longer valid. Something changed on the Amazon site. I have updated the link in my original post.

Also a note about a potential problem. After towing the TM about 15k miles with the new hose (laying in the tub while towing), we have noticed the hose is wearing on the tub floor surface. I thought it was dirt or something. It appears the metal hose will slowly wear away at the tub finish. We now put the bathroom floor mat in the tub/shower and lay the hose/showerhead on top of the bath rug/mat. I just wish I had thought about this before the bottom of the tub got some of the finish damaged.

That said....this is still a great hose. Love it. I have also developed a tiny leak from the backside of the outside shower. I will be pulling that out for maintenance/repair and will replace the stiff outside shower hose with this one!

Tags
shower hose