TrailManor Owner's Forum  

Go Back   TrailManor Owner's Forum > TrailManor Technical Discussions > Interior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Bob&Karen

Default Bathroom wall track

Ours is starting to crack in the plastic. Any repair tips? It's the wall that folds down from the kitchen side. If I order one from TM, are they difficult to replace? Looks like some of the screw heads have pulled through in a few places; in others, the plastic is actually beginning to crack along the length of the track.

Thanks,

Bob
Old 10-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
arniland

I had the same problem midway through a 7 week, 9,000 mile circumnavigation of the lower 48 this summer. I fashioned a temporary fix on the road with washers and wood screws from a hardware store and then did more permanent fix when we got home. The basic problem is that they used screws designed for countersunk holes into the soft plastic slide.

My permanent fix was to rip a thin strip of hardwood that lay in the channel, countersunk new holes and used new, longer wood screws and then sandwich the slide between the wood strip and the bathroom wall. It has worked fine since the repair. I did not like their original stop and need to find a small rubber bumper to screw in where they just used a screw.....which was also cracking the plastic slide.

I just got back from a week away and the trailer is folded up and in the yard. It will be a day or two before I have it open, but I will post a picture or two then.

Arn

Arnold in Maryland
TVs - 2003 GMC Yukon XL 6L
TM - 2007 2720SL
arniland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Bob&Karen

Thanks! I'll look at mine closer this weekend (we have a short trip planned) and see what I can come up with.

Bob
Old 10-11-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
Dave99gst

I just removed the ones that pulled thru from mine and reinstalled them over from the old holes making new holes.
Dave99gst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #5
arniland

Bob,

As promised, attached is a photo of my repaired bathroom wall slide. You can see the slide to the left and the end of the hardwood reinforcement strip to the right. You can see the one of the several screws holding it in. My theory was that the hardwood would distribute the pressure across the full length of the surface, rather than at a few points where the screw heads were. Since the repair, this all seems stable.

You can also see an empty hole towards the lower right end of the track. I plan to put a rubber bumper in there, filed to fit smoothly down into the track, held in by a wood screw.

I hope this helps.

Arn
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	repaired_slide.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	337.5 KB
ID:	6605  

Arnold in Maryland
TVs - 2003 GMC Yukon XL 6L
TM - 2007 2720SL
arniland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
Bob&Karen

Thanks! That helps a bit!

Bob
Old 06-26-2012, 12:43 PM   #7
Unstable_Tripod

My hinge assembly on that wall came apart too. The screws pulled right through the plastic. TrailManor now has a repair kit for it, costing $19.95, so it is obviously a common problem. I ordered one but haven't received it yet.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
grakin

The problem was 100% their doing - they used countersunk screws when they should have had flat heads (probably with washers).

We had the same problem - some plastic welding and new screws fixed it.
Old 06-30-2012, 05:55 PM   #9
Unstable_Tripod

I have received the wall hinge repair kit and will be installing it in the coming week. It doesn't look like it will be difficult.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
grakin

Well, I spoke too soon - my repair broke this weekend (after holding for about 10,000 miles and several years). What does the factory repair kit contain? I want to know if I want to just ask for track or if I want to ask for this kit.